Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Jeep Chat (Wrangler, Cherokee, etc...)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-15-2000, 05:02 AM
Inactive User

hey gang! first time poster here.

need some help. star isn't much help.

have a few 2000 ANs 4.7 45RFE that spike "P 1739" M/S circuit. evidently the ciruit has an intermittet open in either the wire harness or the solenoid pac. i have spent 4 hours checking out the harness from the tcm to the trs connector and it checks out. swapped out the solenoid pac. well, that made no difference. the code takes about 20 to 25 miles to set.
star won't send me a tcm. they want me to pull one off a stock unit and run it a while and see what happens. thats fine but warranty won't pay me for "driving around" time.
anyone seeing a circuit failure involving the solenoid pacs? i'm running out of hair!
thanks!

ps- is the 45rfe been released for internal repair or is there still a hold on it?

pps- is it still on 7176+3?
Old 04-16-2000, 10:41 PM
Inactive User

You might want to call your zone tech advisor. I was at a meeting Wednesday, & there are some wierd electronic problems with those transmissions. One of them is with the input & output speed sensors. Did you load the circut? or just use a dvom? If you didn't load it, you don't have a good idea if it is really bad. Hope this helps!

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, read the instructions
Old 04-18-2000, 11:40 PM
Inactive User

Question

"...load the circuit?"

i checked for resistance, continuity, shorts to ground. with the tcm and the connectors unplugged, i used a test light (12v) as it is the only true way to detect "real time" wiring problems, ( i don't have an analog meter) since digital test equipment cannot give actual real time data. all it gives is electronic pictures so many times a second.
would the test light be a sutable "load the circuit" test?

only speed sensor problems i have seen have been on the 41TE and the 42LE.
Old 04-19-2000, 02:39 AM
Inactive User

Yes, thats what I mean. You did it right. I still would call call your tech advisor. If you get him involved, he'll get you the parts & more time.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, read the instructions
Old 04-19-2000, 05:08 AM

use your simulator box that plugs into the connectors at the trans the box is a known good trans throw your test light away . there were some wiring harness isuse on the wj`s but that was for enine problems the trans is still on restriction yes it take 7176+3 have you been to the 45rfe diagnostic class 2days and the overhaul class i1 day class if not dont fool with the trans. do not compare them with a 41or42 they are different and the same in other ways

[This message has been edited by Brian Mills (edited April 19, 2000).]
Old 04-21-2000, 02:31 AM
Inactive User

tcm software failure!!!!!
i swapped out the tcm like star AND the zone tech advised. had service manager drive the truck and he put about 200 miles on it. all clear at this point.

i have been to the orintation of the 45rfe but not the overhaul classes. he did bring a case with the "monster" snap ring inside! aaaagggghhhhh!!!!

thanks for ya'lls help.