Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-25-2002, 06:18 PM
Inactive User

Default Stratus R/T. what can i do for performance

My father has a '01 stratus r/t. im looking to help him make it faster. since it is a lease there is a very limited list of things we can do w/o voiding the warranty. what, if anything, will give it some power that probably the dealership wont notice? will a muffler void the warranty? what kind of peformance muffler should i go w/. thanks for the help
Old 03-25-2002, 06:45 PM
Inactive User

I love that thing. Do rims tires and suspension and maybe a short shifter. Should be the same as the new Eclipse
Old 03-25-2002, 07:38 PM
Inactive User

Question Is he keeping it after the lease is up?

If he is then do what you want. If not, I'd just leave it alone. You'll just be throwing money at something that's not yours. Not too many things will actually void the warranty. All things can be argued. Unless there is a clause in the lease that deters customization/modification then you can do what you want short of cutting, welding, and painting.

For Example. My Brother Leased his Ranger, cause in the end he'll have payed less for it(somehow). He's done grill guard, new rims w/33" tires, 3" bodylift, 4/2" suspension lift, duals, tint, stereo, computer chip, KC running lights, clear tail&corners, short throw shifter, gears/locker, Centerforce clutch, intake, and headers.
Nothing he's done has voided any warranty. The dealership wants him to turn it back in in fact. They can get tons more for it than a plain ole old man driven lease.
Old 03-25-2002, 10:10 PM
Inactive User

I wouldn't do too much to a lease vehicle, but you could add an aftermarket intake. I bought one for my R/T from www.dreamspeed2.com If you are worried about the warranty, keep the original intake/air box and put it back on when you need to go to the dealership. It will only take about 15 minutes to switch it over.