Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-27-2002, 01:51 PM

Default "Jaws" to drive a Dodge Ram at Martinsville

From the news at Nascar.com:
"MARTINSVILLE, Va. -- NASCAR on FOX analyst Darrell Waltrip was looking for familiarity when it came to making a decision to return to competitive race driving in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.

The three-time NASCAR Winston Cup champion will get just that when he competes in the Advance Auto Parts 250 at Martinsville Speedway on April 13. He will drive a No. 17 Duck Head Footwear Dodge Ram engineered by his former championship-winning crew chief Jeff Hammond. "

This can only be good in my opinion... I LIKE IT.
Old 03-27-2002, 02:35 PM
Inactive User

YEEEEHAAAAWW!!! heard he was making a "comeback" been wondering what he would drive now i gotta wonder why? since he's been a chebbie driver for so long. dont get me wrong im glad to see he chose a Dodge. must of switched to have the best chance of winning instad of whining .....
Old 03-27-2002, 02:52 PM

I have to admit, I found that curious myself. I remember times past whenever Darrel was ready to gripe about or pointedly ignore the Mopars on the track, when leading. Still, he was a heck of a racer in his day, and if this gives him a chance to get some track time in, maybe even win some races in a Dodge, more power to him! Maybe it'll ease his bowtie attitude, but that will have to remain to be seen first.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:02 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I've always liked DW and his commentary on Fox helps me understand whats happening on the track. Seems kind of ironic that he will be driving a Dodge truck, but I glad he is.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:13 PM
Inactive User

Wink

I've heard him favorably refer "that ole' Dodge" when talking about Bill Elliot or Sterling, when they were coming on strong in a race. He sounded almost nostalgic, to me, like he was happy to see Mopars racing again. I think its cool to see DW racing again, so maybe there will be a little good carma comin'down.
Old 04-05-2002, 01:36 PM
Inactive User

maybe they'll point out the Dodge more cause he's in it
Old 04-06-2002, 12:24 AM
Inactive User

Now as I think about it, I recall DW saying something about Martinsville being one of his prime places to run, and that he used to test there a lot, so he well may be a real threat there, all other factors being equal. This ought to be interesting...