Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Jeep Chat (Wrangler, Cherokee, etc...)

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-30-2000, 02:56 PM
Inactive User

How do you clean a throttle body fuel injection??? I just purchased this 4wd 88 Dak 3.9 longbed and I tuned it up with wires, dist cap & rotor, and plugs. It still doesn't seem right. I also put fuel injection cleaner in the tank. Please Help!!!
Old 05-31-2000, 02:21 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by kuda4:
How do you clean a throttle body fuel injection??? I just purchased this 4wd 88 Dak 3.9 longbed and I tuned it up with wires, dist cap & rotor, and plugs. It still doesn't seem right. I also put fuel injection cleaner in the tank. Please Help!!!

You may have leaking intake manifold gaskets, it is pretty common on that early 3.9 engine, and will cause rough, unstable idle. It is also possible that you have intake valve/combustion chamber carboning, the fuel injector cleaner that you put in the tank will help that if it is the case. As far as cleaning the throttle body, the fuel passing through it keeps it clean, and the injector is pretty much self cleaning.
Old 05-31-2000, 02:22 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by kuda4:

You may have leaking intake manifold gaskets, it is pretty common on that early 3.9 engine, and will cause rough, unstable idle. It is also possible that you have intake valve/combustion chamber carboning, the fuel injector cleaner that you put in the tank will help that if it is the case. As far as cleaning the throttle body, the fuel passing through it keeps it clean, and the injector is pretty much self cleaning.

------------------
If all else fails, use a bigger hammer.
Old 05-31-2000, 05:33 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

Bad EGR transducer is a common problem causing a big hesitation off-idle. If this is the case when you open the throttle you can watch the valve go wide open. New EGR valve assembly fixes this, might need EGR switch solenoid as well.

But what specifically is the problem, you didn't say? And no you don't need to clean
the throttle body