Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-02-2002, 04:06 PM
Inactive User

Question Subframe connectors

Does any one have pictures or a website regard sub frame connectors. I would like to see home made, custom, and ones that are sold by big companies to help me choose how i would do mine when the time comes.

Thanx for all the great help you guys allways provide.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:18 PM
Inactive User

im not sure about pics but check summit, jegs, mopar performance,and just about any mopar mag you can find and also check with mancini the mopar mags will have some of the more obscure manufacturers ads in them hope it helps
Old 04-03-2002, 10:30 AM
Inactive User

All of those places will have subframe connectors made for your app, usually around $139. For homemade type, there was and article in Mopar Muscle magazine a few months back, I'll look for that one for you. Also look on line for "Big Block Dart". I know he has good stuff about minitubs, I think he has them about connectors too. Also check with cuda66273.
Old 04-03-2002, 11:06 AM
Inactive User

On my old Dart Sport, I took a simple piece of the 2X3 steel and with some *slight* modifications had a great pair of subframe connectors. Here's all I had to do:

Measured from the tranny cross member to the about 12 inches into the rear frame. I then cut 2X3 to this length, and with a cutting torch I made the last 12 inches into a large U shape (the U bottom being 3 inches, sides 2). I cleaned up the cuts with a grinder, and the result fitted tightly over the entire rear frame with plenty of places to get some good welds, including part of the floorboards. The front end of the connector had to be beveled on one edge, but that is the extent of the fabricating I had to do. I did have to bend up the fuel on one side, and the brakes on the other, but no lines needed to be replaced at all. The whole process took me about two hours, including painting them. The 2X3 is a little heavier that 2X2, and whatever bolt on pieces are available, but it sets the stage for a real strong back half job in the future. It also give you about 15 good places to jack up your car!!

Sorry I can't give you any pictures of the finished project, since that car is in storage.