Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-03-2002, 11:14 AM
Inactive User

Default '73 B Body Wiper Problem

The passenger side wiper arm has disconnected from the drivers side underneath the cowl on my '73 Charger. Is there any easy way to fix this? I am able to line the arm back up, but can't get it to pop on. I don't know how to remove the cowl.
Old 04-03-2002, 06:06 PM

It has been awhile, but, I hooked mine up by removing the wiper motor and reaching inside. It is not a 73 though. Just a thought.
Old 04-03-2002, 08:37 PM
Inactive User

73 Charger here, also, and I went through this. I assume you got the new pop-on thingies from the dealer. I have no idea what the name for them was, but I recall they were only $1.04 each, and so well worth replacing since mine were all split. I used an old set of pump pliers from my Grandfather's era. I don't know where to get ahold of a pair this skinny anymore, though. They are about 10 inches long. I do recall having a number of small lacerations on my hand from this maneuver. I did mine from just removing the plastic leaf guards.
Sorry this doesn't seem to help much. I think in the end it was just basic "screwing with it" that made it work. It has been a couple of years, but it seems like I was surprised when each of them finally popped on. (I replaced them all at once, both sides and center.) I did not remove the wiper motor, though. That could be much easier.
Good luck to you. It sucks, I know.
Old 04-03-2002, 09:25 PM
Inactive User

WingedWarrior43, I had to replace mine on the drivers side on my 73 roadrunner. This is how I did it. First you pull the wiper arm off the splined shaft,next unbolt the mechinism from the cowl. Remove the plastic leaf guard from the cowl.unbolt the wiper arm from the wiper motor and gently slide it out. replace your bushing and snap it back on the wiper mecanism(use a little white grease to help it snap on easier)and bolt back in. Bolt wiper arm shaft back on the motor, replace plastic screen and put wiper arm back on the shaft. I hope this helps you out. later shawn
Old 04-04-2002, 05:09 PM
Inactive User

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the help, guys. I do have to buy the new bushings for it to do it.