Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-09-2002, 05:22 PM
Inactive User

Question Perfomance modifications book

howdy Folks,
I am looking soon here to put a new 318 engine in my 1984 Dodge Ram 150. I would like to "play" around with it a little bit by doing a little performance modifications to the new engine I put in. Does anybody know of a book that tells you about it and if so where would I get one? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2002, 08:15 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

There are FANTASTIC books out there. The best one is at your local MP dealer. Summit/Jegs etc.. will sell you a factory HP book. They list them as per engine. S/B, S/B Magnum, RB/B, Hemi, /6 & V-6 etc...

This is the "ENGINES" book by MoPar. This book was devolped by the factory racers & engineneers. It contains everything you want to know along with a parts list with everything they used.

The second book is a little older than other publications out there. This is "How to hot rod your small block MoPar" By Larry Shepard. Head engineneer a few years back @ MoPar performance I believe. Also believe he retired from there.
Not a %100 on that.

Then theres to more. 1 just released. It's how to build high performance Chrysler engines by Frank Adkins. It goe's into alot of things that are good if you don't know alot about engines and there little pit falls they have between them when it comes to swaping them or parts between them.
It contains good info, but not 1 single build up combo.

SA design has a couple of others as well as the last 2 mentioned. Seek them at a local hot rod shop or at Summit/Jegs.