Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-16-2002, 02:48 PM
Inactive User

Default NOS on 440

Anyone out there using NOS on a 440? I am looking for good reference material, as we plan to run a 150 shot on our street-strip car. Just looking for websites, or personal experiences. I think we are going to put the Super-Powershot with a 1050 Dominator. The motor is fresh with 10:1 pistons, very well ported heads and big valves. We are running a Crane hyd. cam with around .515 lift. I know we will need to back down the timing, go with cooler plugs, but are there any other watchouts we need to know? The system will have it's own fuel pump.http://www.cspracing.com
Old 04-16-2002, 06:28 PM
Inactive User

good choice, running another fuel pump. i have a 340 and as soon as my solid lifters and roller rocker arms come in this week, i'm going to hook up my NOS. i'm going to run about 180 shot in it to start out at.

one thing to definently do, is retard the timing i believe 2 degrees every 50HP boost. also, running a "wet" setup where the gas and NOS mix in the same place (in the plate under the carb) will be easier on the pistons. i hope you have forged pistons though, cast probably won't last long.

another tip, don't engage the NOS under 3,000 rpm...big boom if you do!

i'm sure you know this already seeing as how you went and got NOS but here's my two cents. any other questions i'll be happy respond.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:57 PM
Inactive User

Default Re: NOS on 440

Quote:
Originally posted by carolina440racer
Anyone out there using NOS on a 440? I am looking for good reference material, as we plan to run a 150 shot on our street-strip car. Just looking for websites, or personal experiences. I think we are going to put the Super-Powershot with a 1050 Dominator. The motor is fresh with 10:1 pistons, very well ported heads and big valves. We are running a Crane hyd. cam with around .515 lift. I know we will need to back down the timing, go with cooler plugs, but are there any other watchouts we need to know? The system will have it's own fuel pump.http://www.cspracing.com
we built a couple of motors with nitrus. 1 was a stock 68 383 with cast pistons. We just put new bearings in ,valve grind ,torker 2 intake 750dp holley, 284-484mp cam,and 150hp nitrus. WOW what a difference!It was kind of a test. The car ran 13.20s off the bottle and 11.99s on it. It ran for about 1.5 years 'till we put together another motor. Sounds like you're on the right track though. I am currently building another motoer for my 69 Road Runner to run nitrus ,so this aught to be fun. Have a good time.
Old 04-29-2002, 12:51 AM
Inactive User

Default Nitrous

Just make sure your fuel system is upto snuff and for a 150-225 shot about 4 degrees retard is good. I used to use the .073 .082 jets in my hypertectic piston'd 440 and worked awesome! .082 .082 worked even better!! just make sure their isnt a cloud in the sky because ya might get some popping!
Old 04-29-2002, 12:56 PM
Inactive User

are you planning on going with a plate kit? is there any other kind of sysem that will work? is there anyware that will sell everythin (plate pump bottle switches etc.) in one kit?
and if you use it right will it still damage or wear on the engine?