Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-22-2002, 06:29 PM
Inactive User

Default Humorous Quotes

For the last couple of years I've been doing the crew thing for a couple of different teams. Right now I'm helping Daren 44 and his dad. Anyway, I thought you might get a kick out of some of the things that competitors and others have said to me about Mopars.

"You gotta set them things up differnt." A supposed Mopar engine guru. Built a 360 for another racer and it lasted thru practice and came un-glued on the second qualifying lap.

"The only way to get a Mopar to handle is to get rid of them torsion bars." The guru again.

"The faster a Mopar goes, the worse it handles." A promoter at a rules meeting responding to a concern from a Chevy racer about torsion bars. BTW: The torsion bar cars are the only ones that seem to be consistently hooked up at his track.

"You boys are hooked up! You gonna win tonight!" Mr promoter to us after hot laps this week.

"Mopar engines are made for durability. I ain't never seen one break a rod, but they ain't no good 'cause you can't make 'em turn." Mr. promoter again.

And these next few are from this past weekend when we finished second and protested the winner:

"We know ya got 360 heads on that engine." Our reply, "Sure we do, because it's a 360."

"That's one of them front stub cars, it weighs what, 17, 18 hundred pounds, right?" We wish, more like 3600#.('78 Cordoba)

And finally, "You only protested us because we're a Ford!" It couldn't have been the noticably lumpier than stock idle for a ' 85 LTD or the lack of any inner structure in your C-pillars, hood, trunk lid, etc. (Class rules state stock cam for year, make, and model. Only inner structure that may be removed is inside the doors to make room for door bars.)

There were more gems about all kinds of things but are unfit to repeat.

Dave
Old 04-22-2002, 11:37 PM
Inactive User

We have a couple of racing geniouses that are upset because we can run "angle plug" heads on our mopars while the rules say they cannot on their chevies.

"Why can you do it on those Dodges when angle plugs are illegal on Chevies?" They sneer.

"Because it's a stock design feature on every small block Mopar ever made," I reply. "Find me some straight plug Dodge small block heads and I'll run them for you."

These guys can run any GM casting found in production cars, including Vortecs and the '492 double humps that are available from GM new. But, because they can't use the set of Bowties they got cheap somewhere, it's my fault.
Old 04-23-2002, 10:13 AM
Inactive User

Same goes with the center dump exhaust manifolds, they are factory stock chokers on a dodge but they make my car fast, now I went to magnum rear dump exhaust and thats OK. snicker! snicker!
Old 04-23-2002, 10:47 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Most of the time our dodge runs up front. When it doesn't win someone would always say " That Dodge got beat tonight by a chvy" My reply was usually " Yeah but there were about 30 more chevys that would have liked to have my spot" That usually left them walking off mumbling to themselves.