Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-28-2002, 11:09 PM
Inactive User

Question Hohenwald Races?

Did Hohenwald get the race in Friday? I had to work till 11:00 pm Friday night and the Website didn't say anything yet (I looked Sunday night at 10:00 pm) I wanted to see how Sanborn did with his new setup. I was going to Winchester Saturday, but the skies looked so bad, that I wimped out and went to Duck River instead. They got the race in!
Old 04-29-2002, 01:04 AM
Inactive User

Unhappy

I don't normally reply on here since my father does all the talking........but here goes. Hohenwald went petty well and we picked up where we left off last year. Qualified on the outside pole with a fair race car. Upon making a few selected changes, we had a rocket sled on our hands. Unfortunately, after making two hot laps before the feature started (the track allows the competitors to blow the track off with two to three laps prior to the green flag) we broke a right rear shock. No indications just snap. Anyway, I went ahead and started the feature with the broken rear shock and still ran second until the oil pressure started to do an unusual dance. So needless to say I didn't hesitate to pull off and call it a night and not tempt fate. We don't know the extent of any potential damage but the collapsed oil filter element from the previous week may have caused the problem. This goes back to an earlier post on starting procedures. Two weeks ago the track moved our feature up at the last minute. The oil temp. was not up to what we feel comfortable with and I'm afraid the heavy oil at such a high volume and pressure collapsed the element. Oh well we're freshening another bullet now and hope to return soon. By the way, aside from my night Byron Michaels won the stinking feature DYNO 360. I'm not real bitter or anything **grin**
Old 04-30-2002, 01:19 AM
Inactive User

Default mightymouse?

Will you have the bullet ready for the $10,000 to win super late model show at Golden Mountain in 2 weeks?
Old 04-30-2002, 08:27 AM
Inactive User

No, we won't have the right bullet ready for Sparta. Understand it is a tacky, fast, big engine track. Our big engine (Bertha) is the one we hurt last weekend. The engine we are preparing is "Mighty Mouse" our little 358" primarily for "stop and go" tracks like Winchester, Duck River, etc. Should have Mighty Mouse ready for Hohenwald and Winchester next week. That is it should be ready if our chief fabricator, Tig welder(me) can finish welding up the manifold to fit the heads.