Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-01-2002, 02:08 PM
Inactive User

Default smacked a low rider who thought he was cool

Ok, this was yesterday and I was just cruising in my 63' Dodge Polara 318 wideblock, it has big wheels in the front and small drag racing ones in the front so it looks fast (only thing thats not stock on the car) and I had to slow down to 20 for those school zones and this 80's something Buick Regal pulled up next to me revved his engine thru some holy mufflers (sounded like crap!) so I dropped it down into first (more like pushed it since itsa push-button) and I saw his wheels they were those freaking small "bicycle wheels" as I call them and so right when we get out of the school zone he jumped it a lil before I did, I floored it and had him by about 3 car lengths when I hit 50, when I saw the much smaller Regal in my rearview mirror I slowed down to the speed limit and he turned onto a sidestreet after that, he took defeat pretty hard, he got drilled so he had to stick his arm out the window and flip me off.

63' Dodge Polara 4dr
http://autohobbypage.com/cgi-bin/_mo...wam/wam093.jpg
Old 05-01-2002, 07:53 PM
Inactive User

Nice car!!

L.C.D.
Old 05-03-2002, 05:26 PM

Nothing quite like signing on to your favorite chat site and reading about your under-age son tearing up the streets.....!!!!! Oh well, paybacks are heck (or so MY dad tells me!)......
Old 05-03-2002, 10:11 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up way cool

I like both the story and the father son connection. The Sr beep should be proud that his son has such good taste in autos. With seemingly a whole generation going forign, It's nice to hear some still like the old iron.
Old 05-04-2002, 12:29 AM

Thanks for the thumbs up! My son's car is a '63 4door Polara with the 318 Poly and the car my family had that I first tore around in when I was his age (16) was a '63 Polara Wagon with the 318 Poly --- It would seem the MoPar torch has been successfully passed on to another generation .....
Old 05-06-2002, 08:24 PM
Inactive User

It is a real shame that 99.9% of my generation like jap cars and those gay lo-riders with most the drivers being caucasian talkin like they are "thugs" or "gangbangers" or "pimps" or heck I cant distinguish between them any more. Most kids my age are "Whatsa musclecar?", "Musclecar Era?","Nice Chevy". They think that cars that look like pokemon characters and sound like pissed off weedwhackers are cool, I cant help but laugh when I see one or hear one. I pulled up to so many ricers at the stoplight and none of them wanna go heehee, I think its the grill and the big meats on the back that adds to the intimidation. Oh yea and just the other night a ricer actually did wanna go and when I got to about 50 he was about 4 car lengths behind me so I slowed down to the speed limit and he does a ricer fly-by, my friend was in the car and then I was talkin about ricer fly-bys earlier that day and I said, "thats whatta ricer fly-by is". No match for a 40 year-old stock 318 boatcar! I dont mess with the ricers that have 2,000 shot of NOS and octuplet turbos, atleast not until.......later. Ahhhhhh kids these days

63' Dodge Polara 318 wideblock
http://autohobbypage.com/cgi-bin/_mo...wam/wam093.jpg