Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-03-2002, 01:16 PM
Inactive User

Default What do I need to take out of this car?

Well here is the story in a nut shell. At a swap meet last year I bought a 1970 Barracuda . 318 auto on the column. This year my cousin bought a 1971 Challenger. My other cousin (his brother and Chevy guy) bought a 70 or 71 RT Challenger parts car for his brother to get the hood and stuff like that. This parts car was a big block 4-spd car back in the day. It doesn't have a motor or tranny now. He said I could have all the four speed stuff from the car for free . Here is the stuff I know I need to get if it is still in the car:

pedals
4-spd hump
tranny crossmember
I know there are a few wires I need to get too.

What else do I need to look for?

My car is an A/C car but if this car had A/C and a rally dash (guages) would if fit in my Barracuda?
Old 05-03-2002, 01:52 PM
Inactive User

I thought that the e body dash and instruments were exactly the same except for emblems. I know it is that way for the B bodies. So with that in mind I don't see why not.

Is the challenger R/T in such bad shape that you have to part it out? A numbers matching R/T is getting a lot harder to find these days and i cringe a little at the thought of cutting one up for parts.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:58 PM
Inactive User

The car doesn't have the motor or tranny in it anymore, and the glass has all been busted out of it. That is all I know about the car so far. My cousin is going to pick it up today, he is only paying $200 for it so I gussing it isn't a restorable car. Heck it may not even have any of the 4 spd parts left in it.
Old 05-03-2002, 02:16 PM
Inactive User

Hey man everything can be fixed now a days. A friend of mine just finished the restoration on his 71 cuda convertible and the only thing that was original on the car was the firewall! Everything else was shot. I just hate to see good rare cars being cut up for parts. If the thing sat in a swamp for 30 years or if it was hit in every corner than I can see getting rid of it, but from the sounds of it a big block 70 or 71 R/T with 4 speed and A/C? That's a pretty rare find. Get the vin number and build fender tags decoded before you start axing this thing. You never know what you may have is a very cool car that may or may not need a lot of TLC.