Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-05-2002, 12:31 AM

Question Ricers won't race me.

In the last month or so, the ricers have started to come out of the garages, now that winter is finally over. I see them all the time hanging out in parking lots, and sometimes on the street. But I can never get them to race me. Sometimes I'm in my mid-14 second '79 Aspen R/T 360-4, which has low compression, a big cam, and Flowmasters. It sounds pretty good and has that race car-rough idle to it. They stare at it, and they ask me what kind of car it is, but no one wants to run me! A local quick oil change shop has a 'stickers and spoiler' Neon parked there often, so I went in one day with my '72 318-2 4 door Dart that once ran 16.6 @ 82 with 2.76 gears and a stock exhaust pipe. I talked to the kid with the neon, and he was telling me how he has a 100 horse nitrous kit on it, and it'll run 12.9 ! So I say "let's run up the bypass (road) and we'll see how fast it is". But he wouldn't do it! Today I found out the car is completely stock, and at the worst, my Dart would've stayed right with him.

Over 95% of these kids seem to be still in high school, so I wonder if they're being scared into not racing in their driver's ed classes.
Old 05-12-2002, 05:50 AM
Inactive User

Sounds like the noen guy has been watching The Fast and the Furious a few too many times.
Old 05-21-2002, 06:50 PM
Inactive User

Default Drivers Ed

Hey now... I'm in high school and I have the need for speed. The Drivers Ed teachers told us to be safe and not speed. Pffffff... I'm looking forward to making a high 12-low 13 second 99 Dakota R/T RC. I should be running 13 flat with no boost and no juice... Then I might get it supercharged in a year or two. I don't have the money right now
I'm sick of all of the rice boys "cruisin" around the mall. One guy drives back and forth in front of the mall in his eclipse. My friend and I counted 11 passes before he decided to park. We have two big "CUSTOM CAR" groups here in Evansville. KaoticKustoms and XXXtremeCompacts. They always have meetings at the mall on friday nights. I can't wait until I get my truck I'm going to have some fun messing with them.

If you want a good laugh, check out their web pages:

www.kaotickustoms.com
www.xxxtremecompacts.com
Old 05-24-2002, 11:40 PM
Inactive User

Default Importers

Hey,

Good point............ most of these go fast "kids" don't know jack about what they have under the hood, much less how it all works. I bet not even a quarter of them have even seen a crank before. I live in Hickory, NC. They run those imports up and down the strip reeeeving the bumblebee to death. I am just out of High School but I learned young that Mopar is supreme. So me and some of my other friends ride amongst these imports showing them what POWER is all about. I , and my friend, have 1973 Dodge Dart Sport's with 340's stock and his brother has the big Daddy................ A 1972 Cuda' with a 340 from hell.... this car is bad and all the imports now when he is around to shut their "can" up our get it shoved down their throat by the exhaust of the Cuda'!!!!!!!!!!!

MOPAR FOR LIFE!
Old 06-03-2002, 05:08 PM
Inactive User

Speaking of Ricers..... I have a cousin that is a hardcore Ricer wanna be. Get this now. His grand father had a bright ass orange Road Runner and his Father has a gen.II dakota with the 318 in it. He drives a 95 Chevy truck with a 350 in it with some mild modifications. It has a nice rumble at idle. His wife has a Ford Probe GT and all he ever talks about is getting him a Honda or an Acura. He has a buddy that runs an Acura at the track that he talks about all the time. I had the privelage of seeing it one night at the track and it would only run low 15s. Heck his truck would do better than that. The guy has spent alot of money on that Acura and it will only do 15s. I let him drive my Durango from time to time thinking it will convert him but so far it hasnt. I cant for the life of me figure these guys out. If you want it to run atleast start with something that is capable of producing some real Horsepower!!!!!!
Johnny