Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-11-2002, 11:37 PM
Inactive User

Default Dual Carbs

I got my tunnel ram on and it's surprisingly smooth. I still have a few adjustments to make, although I did get to fab a piece for the kickdown. Works pretty well I think. Anyway, my problem now is that I can't get the throttle return spring to bring it all the way back to idle. She'll stay about 2500-3000 which is a HUGE pain when I'm trying to stop or put it gear. I was wondering which spring, angel, length, etc that the other multi-carb users are using? Any suggestions guys?
Old 05-12-2002, 11:16 AM
Inactive User

ausydad
i just installed a tunnel-ram on my 66 satelite and i don't have enough throttle cable to open the carbs any further than half-way. what are you using or what have you done to yours for full throttle. any help would be appreciated

thanks,
tommymopar
Old 05-12-2002, 04:54 PM
Inactive User

I did find the problem with my return. So, here's my complete setup:
Edelbrock Tunnel Ram, Mr. Gasket gaskets, Summit throttle cable bracket w/ morse holder (pg. 83 - part# SUM-G1419) mounted under the front carb, linkage kit ( I'm not sure where that came from), and Spectre fuel line (braided).
Like I said, the throttle cable bracket is mounted under the front carb ('cause it hit the wiper motor under the rear) and i used a small stud on the side of the Holley to mount that. I put that adjuster on the middle setting. The linkage kit came with two size studs for connecting with the carbs. Use the smaller set on a upper hole instead of the big ones. The big ones had too much drag and that was causing my idle problem. Spectre also has a curved and chromed throttle return spring bracket at any local auto parts house that I bolted on the second intake bolt on that side and used a combo spring package to connect it to the large hole in the throttle piece on the Holley. For the kickdown, I got a piece of flat bar from Home Depot and drilled a hole in one end and measured 8 1/16 from the center of that hole. That would be the hole on the other side where the adjustment began. Cut to length and connect from back carb to the stock bracket bolted on to intake. Hope this helps and email me if you need pics.
Ausydad@yahoo.com