Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-13-2002, 12:41 PM

Default '71 Valiant vs. rice-neon

While cruising home from work a few days ago, I was in traffic and noticed an all white neon with a body kit on it. It had the front spoiler kit on it (like in F & F), and flare pieces down each side. It had a loud muffler, and the rear end was jacked about an inch. Now, my Valiant has run 16.3 @ 84 with its "Screamin' Six" Slant Six engine, so I knew I could at least stay even with him. As we approached a stoplight, the cars in front of us turned off, so we were the first two in line. As he pulled up alongside me, I put it in Neutral and gave him the Flowmaster a few times. It was some skinny high school kid with his girlfriend in the car.

When the light turned green, we took off. I slowly got about a 1/2 length lead on him as I went through first gear. Enough so my flowmaster was right beside his open window. I hit Second, and got ahead a little more, to maybe 3/4 car length.

At this point, I saw I was going about 60 at WOT in a 35 zone, so I backed off the throttle, and so did he. As we cruised along towards the next light side by side, I looked over and yelled "HEY! You need to work on it a little more!"

He didn't say anything back. As we got to the next light, it stayed green too long and we didn't get to race again. That was fun, to beat a rice-neon in an old beat up rusted out Valiant!

See it at www.angelfire.com/pa5/timk225
Old 05-15-2002, 12:27 PM

Just think, the Neons are faster than anything else in their class; if it'd been a stock Honda you'd've totally killed him!