Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-14-2002, 06:21 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation Header paint

I have a used set of Hooker Super Comp headers and they need painted. I would like some info on where I could get some good paint for the headers. Thanks Ron
Old 05-14-2002, 10:00 AM

Eastwood has a "Manifold Black" that seems to work real well if you want to paint your headers black. It has an ability to get more shiny as it heats up. Dont use hi temp paint, it never seems to work well. There was a post not too long ago on this board about a ceramic based paint that you apply then cure with the motor running, see the search function for header coating. You could always jet-hot them if you were willing to spend the money. I sand blasted my rusty headers and they came out all etched looking (little pits) and very clean. They dont seem to rust as fast anymore. I got tired of maintaning the look and wrapped them. They sure do sound different, very muffled in the engine compartment, I like the new sound. I know the headers probably wont last as long in the wrap, but I only drive my car on the weekends, so no long term heat soaks.
Old 05-14-2002, 04:39 PM
Inactive User

Thanks pishta. The headers are a little thin from previous use. I am only going to used them for this season. The Eastwood paint sounds good. Thanks Ron