Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-15-2002, 10:16 AM
Inactive User

Default Beat a BB Chevy Pickup-barely

I want to share some of my stories from years gone by.I did my racing when Ford & Carter were President.In my home town we had a 1/4 mile measured out on San Bernardino Ave(nice & flat).My Barracuda had a 340 with a few goodies in it,4 spd, 4.30 gearing. I always hooked up nicely but would be at top end for what seemed liked forever before that damn finish line showed up.While out cruising met this guy with a 57 chevy pickup powered by a chevy BB.He talked the talk but I said "will your PU walk the walk.Well we drove to our home 1/4 mile to find out.When the flag dropped I got a great drive thru all 4 gears & had about 4-5 car lengths on him.Since I drove with my window open I could here that big block coming,I was wide open with nothing else to due but pray for the finish line.I knew we were getting close when I saw his front end out of the corner of my eye,saw the finish line as he walked on by.The guys at the finish line said I won by a foot and a half,20 more feet & he would of had me.Glad he had the wrong gear set up.More friday,saturday night stories to follow.