Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Vintage MOPAR chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-09-1999, 07:56 PM
larsenic

I and about 50 people I have been contacted by on the web would like repro lenses for our vintage Valiants and Barracudas. After 30+ years they are crazed, cracked and faded. This detracts from our efforts to restore and preserve a fine period in Mopar history. These lenses were originally manufactured by the Prestolite Corp, who on contact by email for securing the rights or permission for remanufacture of vintage lamps, informed me they are a strictly an electronics firm. Does anyone know where or who owns the rights to manufacture? And why are they not cashing in on this lucrative item? Anyone with info or if you need parts like this yourselves please follow up my message..... Maybe something can be done. Concider this fact.... there are still literally thousands of mid sixties Mopars on the road.... when is the last time you saw a Red White and Blue 76 Bicentenial Vega?????

Old 01-09-1999, 10:38 PM
Cliff Sebring

Sounds good But i think i did see a RWB vega last week in Bel Air Md.Well maybe it was a white blue and red one... but don't let that slow you down.. I have seen the 66-67 charger lites remade and for sale at the mopar nats. flee markets. soooo someone must know how to get "permission"
Old 01-13-1999, 04:00 AM
Thunderstruck

I have been in contact with a gent out in California that will duplicate any lense. Even if it isn't in the best shape. I am going to have him do my 65 Cuda's lenses, both taillight and backup, I have a spare set of each.

Steve