Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-06-2002, 09:21 PM
Inactive User

Question respect?

pesky mustangs....................are they trouble for swingers?........340 auto versus 99 gt stang?...........stock mopar exhaust, 391"s................what wpould it take?????
Old 06-06-2002, 09:51 PM
Inactive User

shouldn't take much more than that....a little hard to beat a 340... go to http://68.103.32.11:81/tmezz/ to look at my 340. i smoke ricers and suck mustangs down my carburetor for breakfast....lunchtime comes around and the tangs finally get around to the pistons (they are slow) where they get chewed up...by dinner time they are spat out of my tail pipes

the only problem i see whith 340's though, is that they really beat the heck out of your wallet....good motors though.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:05 PM
Inactive User

For a better analysis of exactly what we are dealing with, what are your specs? Stock engine? What year? Stall? Tires?
I wouldn't think you could be far from there at any rate. Headers would be something to think about, since the 340 loves the higher RPM.
If you can get a mustang to race you, then your area is very different from mine. Around here, they only race what they know they can beat. No wildcards allowed. But then, most of the folks around here are that way. Not that I would ever street race again, or condone it, but still...
Old 06-06-2002, 11:10 PM
Inactive User

I would assume you mean stop light to stop light. You already have nearly all you need . If you add an additional electric fuel pump inline with you stock pump,(in between the tank and the stock pump) for extra fuel feed. You could then add a150hp shot of nitrous oxide safely and dependable. YOU can do this in one afternoon. and it will require no engine mods . Do Not go over 150hp on cast pistons! I have used comp-u-car systems for years for drag raceing and have never been disapointed with thier products. all you need for a fuel pump is a holley red pump. If you like you can in stall it and no one would know it was even there untill it was to late. That shold make those ford boys pull to the curb and scraching their heads.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:28 AM
Inactive User

Question fuel pump

hey dirty dan,.....................install of electric fuel pump. do you still run through the mechanical pump, or do you gut the mechanical pump out? also is a regulator needed?...thanx!
Old 06-07-2002, 01:54 PM
Inactive User

you usually take the mechanical out.... and sometimes a regulator is recommended....not a bad idea though.
Old 06-07-2002, 03:43 PM
Inactive User

You will not need a regulator if you use a holley red pump as it has its own pre set biult in regulater. dont kill your mech: pump it will pump through like its not even there. Dont forget to put a good size filter between the tank and electric pump. donot pypass the mech: pump it is a use full thing . Allways remember fuel suplly is imparitive . Dirty Dan.