Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-07-2002, 02:28 AM
Inactive User

Default 1978 Plymouth Volare (NICE)

I have a 1978 Plymouth Volare 2 Dr Sport Coupe that I might be interested in selling. This car has just been totally rebuilt and is in great condition.

This car is set up for street or strip. It has a new Viper red quality paint job, 360 H.O. engine bored 30 over(it is putting out about 400 Horse)10-1 Pistons, Mild Cam, High Performance Lifters, 3500 Stall kit, B&M Pro Ratchet Shifter, a high performance 3 Speed automatic transmission, and a 355 Positrac rearend. The body is in great condition. No rust or corrosion. A hood scoop is present. This car is a "head turner" and will get from here to there very quickly.

I am thinking about selling this car for $5,000 just to get my ex-wife off my back. She doesn't trust my teenage son with this car. Quite frankly I'm not sure that I do.

If you are interested please add some comments and I will try to get back to you. I want the opinion of some MOPAR enthusiasts.
Old 06-07-2002, 08:57 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

I think the best thing you can do for your teenager is get him a car that , IF it should be in an accident;

1) You walk away from the car saying no big deal.
2) He can say it was just a car that was for practice, not a mint one wasted.

Take all your spare keys and put them in a box far away from his hands. Have one on your key ring in the pocket. One in a safe spot. Incase you get looked out.
Tell him to get his own car. Plain and simple.
Make him responsible for himself or he'll just have to suffer the fate of getting around by bike or worse, shoe leather express.

You worked hard on it. Let him work hard on his. He'll appreceate (sp) more that way.
Old 06-07-2002, 04:24 PM
Inactive User

like all kids he's gonna hall a$$ in any car u get him especially if his father is into fast cars so my advice to you would be get him good insurance and a car that has alot of metal......older is better
Old 06-07-2002, 04:28 PM
Inactive User

Boy isn't that the truth...

I don;t care if you give them a geo metro they aill drive just to fast and not pay any attention to what's going on around them...

Sh*t, now I sound like my father - I'm getting to old...

We all know it's true!
Old 06-08-2002, 01:30 AM
Inactive User

Default ya

i dont know what i will do with my son but i will probably end up selling the car before he gets a chance to get his hands on it. Will you guys please give me the opinion on the volare because everyone i have spoken to has never heard of them and i am wondering if i have a collector or a car no one is ever going to desire having.
Old 06-08-2002, 02:45 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

A car is worth money, only if theres a desire for it. That car is low in desire. As compared to a Viper, Bently..etc...
However that car has it's fans.
It's worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Sometimes factory stock is worth more to one than it being hotrodded.
It's the reverse for me.
Don't rid yourself of the car because of your son.
Old 06-08-2002, 11:53 PM
Inactive User

The Charger at the left, I can assure you, is nowhere near as pretty as the picture. I was offered $7,000 by a guy who didn't even hear her run. I just told him the car was not for sale. There was a 12gauge fired in my presence a day before so my ears were ringing. I swear I didn't hear his price, two of my co-workers behind me did, and questioned me after he left. I had no way to contact him, else she would not be here today.
It would take a heck of a lot to make my baby worth 7k, but this guy wanted her badly apparently. It's all sentimental value.
It wouldn't hurt to try. List her for what you want. If she doesn't find a good home, keep her. But, be sure of the reason you sell her. Can you honestly say you wouldn't hold it against your son in some way if you sell her?