Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-11-2002, 07:12 PM
Inactive User

Help mopar headers

looking at mopar performance headers for 340 dart,69,...any good? installation concerns?.......thanx! price seems right! who makes them?
Old 06-11-2002, 09:05 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Hi Pentastar Guy.

For an A body Mopar, I will point you too TTI headers. They're a bit pricey, but fit well and have a very good reputation. Plan on some for my self soon as I can afford.

go to : http://www.ttiexhaust.com/products.htm

the headers dont hang low to the ground so that is a major plus, and they give ample room for your starter motor. You dont have to mess with dropping the center link to remove/reinstall starter all the time. If you've ever put headers in an A body, you'll know what I mean, they can REALLY try your patience! I have heard nothing but good about TTI, however, there are a lot of others out there. Word of advice, dont use cheapo - painted headers unless you like rust, low ground clearance, and pain in the rear installations. If you go with anything else, at least get them Ceramic coated. Speaking from experience.

Bruce
Old 06-11-2002, 09:49 PM
Inactive User

Idea

Hi Pentastarguy,

I will correct myself before someone else does. I didnt read your question carefully and missed your point. On page 202 of the MP parts catalog I found headers listed for A bodies with two different part numbers. p4529437 and p4529471. My bad, I have no knowledge of the existance of these till now. Cant give you any help with these at all. I am assuming these are the ones you mean? Even tho I have yet to use the TTI headers, I still think they are worth at least looking at.

Now humbled by my own doing,

Bruce

Old 06-12-2002, 12:45 AM

Pentastar...

Mopar Performance headers are not made by MP. They are made by an aftermarket company and repackaged for sale. You can normally be money ahead to bypass MP and go right to the source.

When you order MP adjustable rockers for a bigblock they are made by Crane. They even have the Crane logo's on them.

All you are doing is paying a premium for the MP marketing.

Good luck,
Mopar_Maniac