Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-14-2002, 11:49 PM
Inactive User

Default edelbrock carb fuel line?

just got an e-brock carb 750 w/ electric choke. and it is replacing another 4 barrel on my 383. It had a soild steel line on it and the e-brock has a hose nipple connection and says it cant use the steel line so wha do i replace it with? I was thinking of using braided stainless line to match the rest of my hoses but what do i use to connect it to the fuel pump? Also what size do i use?
Thanks
Old 06-15-2002, 01:10 AM
Inactive User

well i guess no one has a clue about this but, i found out the e-brock carb has a 3/8 fitting on it so that is the hose size i should use. Doesnt anyone know how to onnect this to the stock fuel pump? There must be some type of fitting that screws into the fuel pump and has a 3/8 hose barb on the end. Any help would be great.
Old 06-15-2002, 03:00 AM
Inactive User

Just run steel line up from the fuel pump to within a few inches of the carb and then run some rubber hose the rest of the way.
Chuck
Old 06-15-2002, 05:38 PM
Inactive User

Default fuel line

I don`t know what type of carb came off it . But the old carters had a flared screw in type of steel line . And the peice will screw out of the old and right into your new edlbrok carb. As they are the same size as the hose nipple fitting. the steel line that came with them was 5/16`s in size. And it ran from the carb back down to a rubber line to the filter. The fule pump had a short steel screw in line. That was bent towards the fule filter. Iam suprised some one hadn`t allready posted this info. If you can find an old carter 4 barrle with that fitting dont sweat the lines. just go to auto zone and get some 5/16`s steel tubeing comonly used for trans lines. a few minnets with a tubeing bender and you can make what you need. Hope it helps Dirty Dan
Old 06-15-2002, 08:34 PM
Inactive User

Well i wanted to run stainless steel braided hose, so i finally found what i needed with some help from a couple of friends at the shop i work on the car at. I found out the fitting on the fuel is 1/4 so i got a 1/4 to 3/8 barb and i am going to run braided hose up to the filter then on to the guage and carb. This is much cleaner looking as far as i am concerned then i dont have to use chopped up hard line and hose spliced toghter. Plus the old fittings and stell hose are rusted so it is better to replace them now at the same time.
Thanks for all the ideas.