Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Classifieds > Parts Wanted > Rear Wheel Drive - Parts Wanted

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-16-2002, 08:56 PM
Inactive User

Default 70 or 71 A body (Duster) A/C Stuff

I am looking for an A/C / heater box for my 70 Duster. It seems to be a somewhat unusual piece, different from most I have seen.

It does NOT mount by the bolts that hold the blower motor in to the heater box. It mounts using 4 other studs located in various positions across the front side of the box. Two of these studs are near the blower. One under it on the driver's side, the other above it on the passenger side.

The heater hoses come out just a bit over from the blower motor, and are positioned side by side. Further in, and up a small amount are the two lines for the a/c, located one above the other.

That is about the best description I can come up with. If you think you may have one, and want to sell it, let me know. Hopefully I can find one somewhat close to the Chicago area, but I am willing to go further if necessary. I have one that is similar, but different enough to be a pain...

Maybe you need mine?...

Thanks in advance.

Tom Lockwood
Old 06-24-2002, 07:22 PM
Inactive User

Default AC

I have one out of a 71 dart it should be the same can you send pic my email is sidl@eritter.ney
Old 06-28-2002, 05:11 PM
Inactive User

i have one out of a 69 barracuda.... slightly damaged thought...passenger side where that crazy bolt goes up though and hooks onto a ltch in there...i cracked the plastic tubs that holds the door for the vent (thats on the bottom of it.)

it can be fixed... ill sell it to ya cheap.... its sitting in my garage collecting dust and i need to get rif of it..i no longer have the car..

i also have a 318 motor and 904 trans for sale for 150.oo if you guys are interested.?

email me at realdeal6973@aol.com

thanks