Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-17-2002, 02:28 AM
Inactive User

Default The New Charger? Toyota? Solution.....

Hey Mopar Men and Women:

I am sick and tired of all the changes that DC has been doing and the decisions that are being made. I have a crazy idea but it just might have an impact. Why don't everyone that reads this go to DC's website and e-mail them a mild(not cursin, we don't want to piss them off), letter that tells how we feel about such things as the new Charger. Tell them how our respect for the name MOPAR is decreasing and not living up to the legend of the word. How we all would want to buy a Charger if they would at least produce 200 or so just to test the market for them! Try it guys, it only takes a minute of our time and maybe it will have some impact on the downward spiral that Dodge has taken. Thanks for anybody who does this...... and it never hurts to try.

moparmadman440

P.S. - For every Action there is an equal or greater ReAction!!!
Old 06-22-2002, 02:38 AM
Inactive User

Give me some feed back guys........

Let me know how many of ya are doing this and if you are getting any respones. I have yet to get a response from them.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:17 AM
This account disabled due to bad email address!

One industry insider on another forum says it takes from one to two billion dollars to design a new car and bring it to production. My math's not too great, but divide 2 billion by 200 and you will find the cost of your test run.

The problem with the auto industry is that most people look upon cars as transportation, not fun. I once suggested that since cars are becoming so much like appliances, maybe Chrysler should resurrect the Kelvinator name.

I've written many letters to Chrysler and nearly all have been answered with a form letter. They have no interest in the views of a few malcontents, so that's all you get from the guys in the ivory tower. Only those letters I wrote to Direct Connection and Mopar Performance were answered directly.

There is a website committed to restoring Chrysler to American ownership and a more traditional role in the marketplace. If I run across the web address again, I'll post it for you.
Old 06-22-2002, 11:37 AM

DC has already shown their comment to our loyalties. They were overwhelmed by positive responses to the Charger concept and chose not to build it. They had some (not much) positive response to the Crossfire and are going to build that ugly thing.

The most that I have gotten from them, in response to my request for the Charger, was a standard auto response form letter.

They don't care about the loyal customer (they know that they won't loose many of us), they want to bring over customers from the competition. The competition is not selling large numbers of musclecars, they are selling economical transportation. I hate to say it, but the days of musclecars have gone.
Old 06-26-2002, 04:25 PM
Inactive User

The crossfire isn't going to be an AMERICAN car. It will be sold off shore in europe. A total of 40K units max per year. It's butt ugly design should fit in well with the Yer a peein taste. Besides it's all MB underneath. Even the parts being made here all carry the Merc tristar logo. I know we did design work on them, but I'm not doing the testing on them. Which means it won't be sold here.
As far as loyalty goes, they don't care about you and me. They are concerned with Mercedes and little else other than the truck line. So no HP cars for the guys that made Chrysler great. Just more fodder for the truly arrogant and stupid- Hell maybe it'll come stock with some of those huge ANtler style wings the guy has posted on the Bowel Movement Wagons
Old 06-27-2002, 10:33 AM
Inactive User

I really hate that DC will not build another muscle car that the average joe can afford. It is painfully obvious that there is a market for it. You would think with FoMoCo making out like bandits on ther living legends tour and even Pontiac getting its head outta the sand and bringing back the GTO, DC brass would give you the Charger. I am a ford guy, but I would love to see a new mopar muscle car come out.
Old 06-28-2002, 01:18 AM
Inactive User

Corporate auto manufacturers only look at the bottom line. They calculate the cost to build it and how many units it may be expected to sell. If that base figure doesnt thrill them it wont be built. Now-a-days any new model HAS to fit on an existing model platform so that costs of new tooling will be very minor. Ford is banking on the NEW retro Thunderbird ,,,, but its already looking to be another Edsel. Thats not a good sign for a car company thats losing market shares daily.
Old 06-30-2002, 01:23 PM
Inactive User

I think the tide is starting to turn at DC. They have gone painfully slow, but the things I read about at PVO are ispiring. Once they get the bugs worked out of the marketing/testing/production sequence I think they will be able to react to public sentiment better. The Crossfire is an aweful car and has no place in this market. If they try to push that as a muscle car on the American market it will fall flat as a pancake. Remenber its not just the Germans that don't know how to make a muscle car. Remember the terrible RoadRunners and Chargers of the mid to late seventies. Good god they were terrible. The 1975 Dodge Charger Daytona has to be one of the worst examples of a car company trying to get a payoff from past glory. That damn thing looked like a friggin Cordoba. YUCK still gets me pee-oed.
Old 06-30-2002, 02:22 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by custom880
I think the tide is starting to turn at DC. They have gone painfully slow, but the things I read about at PVO are ispiring. Once they get the bugs worked out of the marketing/testing/production sequence I think they will be able to react to public sentiment better. The Crossfire is an aweful car and has no place in this market. If they try to push that as a muscle car on the American market it will fall flat as a pancake. Remenber its not just the Germans that don't know how to make a muscle car. Remember the terrible RoadRunners and Chargers of the mid to late seventies. Good god they were terrible. The 1975 Dodge Charger Daytona has to be one of the worst examples of a car company trying to get a payoff from past glory. That damn thing looked like a friggin Cordoba. YUCK still gets me pee-oed.

How about that THING Dodge called a CHARGER that was 4 cylinder FWD ??????
Old 06-30-2002, 02:53 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by goober44

How about that THING Dodge called a CHARGER that was 4 cylinder FWD ??????
I had one of those. I had a 1985 Dodge Charger 2.2 litre with a 4 speed. Damn thing couldn't get out it's own way. It went from 0 to 60 in a week!! But the reason I bought it was gas milage. That car got 45mpg on the highway and 25 in the city. My wife and I and our son took that car on vacation from Buffalo New York to Ft Myers Florida in Febuary of 1986. The trip was 1350 miles and we spent 30 dollars on gas. Gas at that time was 1.00 per gallon. For gas milage it was great, for groceries it was great, for little people it was great, for big people it sucked!! It was NO match for a twelve point buck!! My wife found that out in 1990.
Old 06-30-2002, 10:49 PM
Inactive User

Default charger

i read a website talking about toyota trying to buy up dc stock and force a sale, dc is spending billions of chrysler money in some wild frenzy. maby toyota will bring back the charger.?
Old 06-30-2002, 11:04 PM
Inactive User

Default Re: charger

Quote:
Originally posted by beepbeep2k1
i read a website talking about toyota trying to buy up dc stock and force a sale, dc is spending billions of chrysler money in some wild frenzy. maby toyota will bring back the charger.?

Whats Daimler spending billions on ????????
You better hope Toyota doesnt get Chrysler because Toyota doesnt need Chrysler !!!!!!
They dont need Chrysler because they already have bunches of dealerships and factories in the USA. Toyota has a version of every car and truck Chrysler makes ,,,,, so why buy a duplicate of yourself.
TO KILL THE COMPETITION AND SELL OFF CHRYSLERS ASSETS.
Its not very likely your going to see a Charger come out of that.