Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Vintage MOPAR chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-31-1999, 01:25 AM
bones

I'm in need of a solution to my rotted frame rails.Iwould like any help avail. Repairing the ones in ther now is out of the question.They are completly rotted through where the a-frame mounts on both sides .
Old 05-31-1999, 02:05 AM
Christopher

The only solutions I know of is to find a donor car and cut them out of it,but I'll be honest with you,your undertaking a big job!!!The only other solution is to call Auto Rust Technicians at (401)944-4444 or go to the website www.autorust.com and see what they have.I think they will custom make whatever you need but you will pay for it!!!I've heard their stuff is good quality,although I've personally never used any of it.Hope this helps.
Old 06-03-1999, 12:16 AM
HIGHBALLIT

I agree with Chris that this is a major undertaking. I used to own a 71 Demon an had the same problem. We had to cut out the bad spot on my car, then find a suitable donor car and remove part of the unibody subframe, then weld it onto my car. I was able to be selective as far as what donor vehicle to use (I just used a 74 Valiant since it is the same body series-"A") but since you have an early generation 'Cuda, you may have a little more trouble.
Old 12-31-1999, 06:43 PM
Inactive User

I know of a 67ish body that is sitting on the ground in southeastern South Dakota. I do not know what the guy wants for it but I took a couple of pics of it and can scan them. The floor under drivers/pass feet is rusted through and it has been stripped of just about everything except pass door (dent) and trunk lid. Pass door glass is there tho. There may be other parts in his barn but I did not see them. E-mail me at djohnson@bmtc.net and I will send two jpg's.
Old 01-06-2000, 05:55 AM
Inactive User

I have a complete front inner clip from a '67, subframe, firewall, fenderwells, k-member, core support. I'll GIVE it to you if it will save another old Mopar. It's in So. Calif., where are you?