Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Vintage MOPAR chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-09-2000, 06:59 PM
Inactive User

Angry

howdy folks not new to mother mopars addiction, just new to the computer,I dont get to talk to many mopar people this time of year with the east coast (north) dragstrips being closed for the season, dont really need much but i am looking for a 318 with about 350-375hp i know there are alot of you big block guys asking 318? yes I've never put the rodsthrough the pan yet so i stay with the good anyway i just wanted to let you guys know were out here and look forward to hearing from you
Old 01-09-2000, 11:01 PM
Inactive User

A humble suggestion? Get a 360. More inches, & a longer stroke make it easier to build to your HP level. A 318 at that HP level will probably end up barey streetable where as a 360 should be much more drivable. Both engines are the same size & weight & many parts are interchangable.

My 2ยข worth!
<font color = 990033>DB</font>

------------------
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever
Old 01-09-2000, 11:16 PM

I was thinking the same thing, why not go with a 360. They were used in just about everything should be able to find one reasonable.

Larry

[This message has been edited by Moparlar (edited January 09, 2000).]
Old 01-09-2000, 11:27 PM
Inactive User

Not to mention the 380 HP 360 Magnum crate engine. Does anyone have one of these? I'm looking to convert my 300HP version to 380, and was curious to see if it is as driver friendly as the 300HP version.

------------------
~Elwenil~ ~.\|/.~
Elwenil.cjb.net
DodgeChargerSE@aol.com
72 Charger SE
Old 01-10-2000, 09:15 PM
Inactive User

I have got a 1968 stock 318 with approx. 75,000 miles on it. It seems to be taking up too much space in my shop and would let it go real cheap.This thing also comes with a 727 automatic tranny.....if interested give me a shout.(F.Y.I.) I am located in Canada
Thanks
Snake2
Quote:
Originally posted by mahdra:
howdy folks not new to mother mopars addiction, just new to the computer,I dont get to talk to many mopar people this time of year with the east coast (north) dragstrips being closed for the season, dont really need much but i am looking for a 318 with about 350-375hp i know there are alot of you big block guys asking 318? yes I've never put the rodsthrough the pan yet so i stay with the good anyway i just wanted to let you guys know were out here and look forward to hearing from you