Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-29-2002, 06:54 PM
Inactive User

Cool my car...before it was mine. what do ya think??

hey all... heres a pic of my car before it was mine, when my brother owned it before we got the black one...

heres one of it now...

what do ya think?? does it look better with the chevy wheels, that were P275/R70 - 15 all the way around...or does it look better with the eagle mag chrome wheels that are on it now??

BTW: the old picture was taken with an old "film" type camera and it was very sunny that day, and the recent, newer photo on the bottom was taken with a digital camera on a cloudy day. also, these are years apart so the paint HAS faded a little...
Old 06-29-2002, 07:28 PM
Inactive User

wow...almost 10 veiws and no opinions?? come on!! i wanna know what you think!!

i do understand whatever you say is your opinion...hopefully this won't end up like the "edelbrock or holley" thread....

i want opinions!! pls, tell me what you think...
Old 06-29-2002, 07:35 PM
Inactive User

from what i can tell they look like the ones i had on a Zlow28 years ago, i thought only Ford wheels would fit on a Mopar. you asked for our .02 so here it is, even though they are Chevy wheels they look the part of the car as far as performance goes, i've never liked those others as they just look cheap to me, and that's just my.02 like you asked so don't get offended. Its your budget and your car so do what you want..... speaking of offending people, wait till I figure out what wing/spoiler to put on my 66 Charger, it won't be stock and it WILL offend SOMEBODY.......................................... ......................
Old 06-29-2002, 07:41 PM
Inactive User

thanx for your .02...it doesn't offend me! its your OPINION and i respect that. some people still have yet to grasp the concept of an OPINION!

if somebody doesn't like the wing you choose... forget them...ignore them....whatever YOU like is whats important! i have learned that long ago...

BTW: those old black chevy wheels had adapter plates behind them. i still have them, all 4 if anyone is interested... i'll sell them cheap. studs are included and are removable if you want a different size lug... email me at tmezzenger@hotmail if your interested!
Old 06-29-2002, 07:54 PM
Inactive User

You asked..waht happened to the chrysler rallye wheels, or magnums , even??

I love the car tho, it's a toss up for me which body style is better, this or my 'Cuda...
Old 06-29-2002, 08:02 PM
Inactive User

couldn't find any around here... went to the local Rupps66 and saw some nice chrome wheels i liked so i (my dad actually) ordered them for a chrysler lug pattern and they came in... we did look through some books to see if we could find any "stock" style, or sumthin that came out with chryslers from the factory and couldn't find any we liked...except for some magnums i think, but they were more expensive than these eagles.... i can't really remember though.

thanx, i love this car too only one problem...cops like it too... i was followed just yesterday for "excessive acceleration" and going 44 in a 40 zone...?? i didn't really understand exactly why the officer pulled me over (state trooper) but he did ask me a lot of questions about the car . then, he gave me a writtin warning!! oy! i didn't accelerate excessively, just quick enuff to not get cut off because there was a merge after a stoplight... some big lady in a phurd taurus thought she had a "fast" car... eh...at least it wasn't a ticket...
Old 06-30-2002, 01:26 AM

I like the Eagle rims, they look a bit like rallyes, but not close enough to look like your passing them off as rallyes. I never really like that body style until I saw a roadrunner like that close up. Is that the original stance? I see the shackles in the back and cant help but wonder what it would look like with some balognies tucked under the rear fenders. An "exibition of speed" ticket out here is big trouble. I think it is 2 or 3 points on your record, you get two and you are riding the shame train (bus) to work! Did the Ford Torino rip off your body style or were they the same year? I got a "Starsky and Hutch" clone down the street, red with a white stripe, 460/4sp. Never seen it move though !
Old 06-30-2002, 03:31 AM
Inactive User

if it were mine, i'd fix the nose bleed ride height in the back, lose the wing, and get rid of the white letter radials. also, if i had the money i'd get different wheels. those aren't so bad...but not something i'd buy. fyi there's a company called rota that makes decent looking wheels (they're a bit modern looking for a mopar but that weigh like sixteen pounds for a 16x7 that also only cost $150 or so.

but then again, if it floats your boat then mopar to ya.

although methinks your car would handle better with a more normal ride height. but i digress...
Old 06-30-2002, 03:57 AM
Inactive User

eh...its really not made for the corners, so i slow down a bit... its really good at the straits, and the strip. it actuall hooks up great with the rear as it is...

i too wonder what it would look like with some big sticky slicks tucked into some tubs i only have the shackles on it to help the airshocks keep the rear tires out of the fenders....

$150?? damn, these eagles are about $400 a piece! the rear tires were another $200! we kept the front tires though, they weren't bald. also, i don't think i've ever seen rallye wheels, so i'm really not trying to pass them up as anythin...i just like the looks

the wing?? i like my wing... it intimidates those ricers when they see i have a smaller wing than they do...they think they can beat me because they can't even see out of their rear window because the wing is so big.... i find it funny though, when my cuz has to stick his head out the window just to see them smoke their front tires!

whats wrong with the white letters?? i think its sexy...

have y'all looked at the thread i posted with pics of my brothers car?? if not heres a link to his page...nuthin like mine, but he's only got a ton of web pages http://www.mezzweb.com/ he also has his own server.... thats where my page is stored...no screwed up charges

i value all opinions...keep them coming!
Old 06-30-2002, 08:24 AM
Inactive User

http://www.mezzweb.com:81/
Old 06-30-2002, 11:51 AM
Inactive User

I agree, point by point, with M.O.N.C. - but then, I liked the black prime '55 chebbie in "Two Lane Blacktop".

I have been told that all my taste is in my mouth!

It IS a striking car.
Old 06-30-2002, 01:19 PM
Inactive User

thanx jimmy, your right... my bro has to go off port 81 instead of 80 because cox communications are being assholes and TRYING to block him

thanx doug, it is a striking car...i do agree, the black did look good, but i like the chrome better......
Old 06-30-2002, 02:04 PM

Cox blocks port 80 because he is using the residential service and the user aggreement he signed says you cannot run a server. It takes a disporportionate amount of bandwidth away from his neighbors by running a server. Cox tries to keep the quality of service equal to all of its subscribers. I could care less about the service level out there, but I though I would let that fact be known. Anyway, back to the post, here is a rally. With the trim ring and a frontal view, the holes look round with the reflections.
Old 06-30-2002, 05:27 PM
Inactive User

thats nice pishta... i'm not too sure if thats the kind of look i would like for my car... that is nice though...

my bro's server is for us only...but i do agree.... he is trying to get a small business account but they are morons at the tech area.... haven't helped us yet...
Old 06-30-2002, 07:21 PM
Inactive User

That's a Awesome looking Mopar there Roadrunner! I think it looks just fine. I really like the looks of those Eagle rim's, One question though was the Driver Door and Doghouse repainted in the past? the color looked a little funny? Great car though id love to own it!
Old 06-30-2002, 08:47 PM
Inactive User

not the driver door, but the front, top part of the fenders (above the stripe) were repainted, and the left-rear quarter panel was also repainted. there was a big scratch from a key on the quarter panel...some moron thought his key would look cool yellow i guess..... the front fenders weren't prepared well when painted before we bought it...many cracks around the blinker things on the fenders...

thanx, it is a very fun car...i love it! right now, i'm fighting some electrical battles though... somthing shorted between the altenator, ammeter guage, and everything the ammeter guage is also hooked up to (pretty much everything...)
Old 06-30-2002, 08:55 PM
Inactive User

Isn't it a voltmeter?
Old 06-30-2002, 10:09 PM
Inactive User

?? beats the hell outa me.... the numbers are: -60, -30, 0, +30, +60....

oh, i found the culprit too! the damned windshield wiper switch...don't know what happened but i found the melted wires, connector, and the switch was very hot. it also sounded like a seatbelt buzzer on an 76 phurd currier pickup (my work truck... fun to drive, 4cyl. with 4speed standard. slow, but tows my car well...don't know if thats good or bad.... )

i've looked all through my yearone book, found nuthin. i'm going to make a new thread here in a minute...
Old 06-30-2002, 10:26 PM
Inactive User

scratch that...i finally found a switch, but for E body, WAY TOO MUCH! my wallet can't support that...i'll just run a couple of toggles...
Old 06-30-2002, 11:27 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by 1972roadrunner
wow...almost 10 veiws and no opinions?? come on!! i wanna know what you think!!
i do understand whatever you say is your opinion...hopefully this won't end up like the "edelbrock or holley" thread....
i want opinions!! pls, tell me what you think...
Scrap the wing ,,,,,, do a total repaint ,,,,,,, and dont put a Thermo Quad on it ,,,, whatever you do !!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2002, 11:42 PM
Inactive User

i pulled a wiper switch out of a fury. its not the type thats round, its got a toggle switch on it. if i remember correctly its 3 speed. it wont fit my dart. if it will fit your car, you can have it for shipping
Old 07-01-2002, 12:13 AM

72Roadrunner, have your bro check into this Cox Business Services For like $79 a month, you can run whatever you want, no ports blocked.
Old 07-01-2002, 12:29 AM
Inactive User

goober44: i like my holley, don't worry about that... the wing?? i like my wing! LoL....does it really look that bad?? at least its not one of those dumbass ricer oversized thangs... i totally agree, i need a paintjob, but my wallets not heavy enuff... also, that post...i don't know why i put it?? oh well...i was bored that day i guess...

jimmycarter: mines a two speed...and round . i just ordered some switches from summitracing.com that i'm going to put all my toggles on. heres what i have hooked on toggles SO FAR:

heater
amplifier
CB

coming soon:
windshield fast
windshield slow

i also have a seperate box that has my NOS arm and Water Sprayer pump on it... i'll have to get some pictures of it... totally custome, all aluminum...NOS psi and Fuel psi guages and a couple of lights (red)

heres a pic of the switches i ordered
Old 07-01-2002, 10:49 AM
Inactive User

Dear 1972 R_R,,,,,,

Im a purist when it comes to Mopars ,,,,,, thats why I personally dont like the wing. Thats just my opinion ,,,,, which you ask for.
Its your car ,,, do what you want with it. Your Brothers car is very, very nice,,, except for the Coca Cola license plate. Im partial to Pepsi.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:37 AM
Inactive User

dear goober44:
i want your opinion. the wing was already on the car when i bought it, so there are 4 holes in the trunk....if i take the wing off, what do i do with the holes?

if you don't like that coca~cola tag, you won't like his room... he's a collector of coca~cola stuffs
Old 07-01-2002, 11:45 AM
Banned

"Cut off at stop light, Warning Ticket for excessive acceleration?"

I learned a long time ago that we all have to share the road...and if someone needs to be 20 feet in front me...let 'em go. It makes for cheap insurance, no tickets for almost 25 years, no accidents in over 30 years (except for 3 rear enders by these same type of people) and you get to laugh at them when the cop pulls them over....

They do it to me all the time when I'm towing the Fish with our Motorhome (58 feet long with trailer)...well they try.....I don't drive this 20,000 pound rig like most Old Bald Farts....I lay on the throttle and if their not fast enough they better have good brakes...but it's pretty hard to get a ticket for Excessive acceleration with a 7.80 60' time

Keep it on the track....."Live Long and Prosper"
Old 07-01-2002, 01:13 PM
Inactive User

After you remove the wing - a good thing to do, by the way - you may send the holes in your trunk to me, if you pay the shipping.
Old 07-01-2002, 01:27 PM
Inactive User

Doug: are you saing you want my trunk lid?? I pay the shipping, OK, but you would have to pay me for the lid, cause I would have to get a new one...

BTW: i never said i was going to get rid of my wing! i like my wing! seriously, what is so bad about the wing? i mean, i could easily go get one of those giant things that ricers have at my local auto zone, or advance auto parts... aint no way in hell i would ever do that, but its possible.
Old 07-01-2002, 01:32 PM
Inactive User

Don't want the trunk lid - just the holes. You asked what you would do with them, and I'm just trying to help you out - send the holes to me.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:28 PM
Inactive User

I'd have to say lose the wing, definitely. The 71/72 RR has really clean lines (still looks fairly modern too) so tacked on stuff such as wings look a bit tacky IMO (I have a '74 and wouldn't dream of installing a wing. Plus, the holes for the wing will by nature be prime areas for rust formation on your decklid. I do like the yellow (Yellow RR's look cool) so I'd keep that.

My perfect RR is a 71/72, in a darker color like black (or some non-stock dark metallic) with body color bumpers, no wing, at stock ride height or slightly lower, with minimal badging and no stripes. Toss on some cragars or something and I would be set.