Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Vintage MOPAR chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-05-2000, 10:35 PM
Inactive User

Hello from Italy,
I have been lucky enough to find and purchase two made for export muscle cars, a 70 Hemicuda and a 70 Challenger 440 six pack. How many musclecars were produced for export? Have never been able to find out, all statistics are published for Canada or USA cars, but none for export. I think these cars are the most fashinating, also because of strange options mounted on the export cars. How about a Hemicuda or a six pack Challenger with power windows, six way seat, and no radio?
Let's hear from you
Thank you Antonello
PS Export cars are recognized by Y09 on the data plate in 70 and I in 71
Old 01-07-2000, 12:43 AM
Inactive User

You may want to contact Galen Govier in Prarie du Chien,Wisconson. (608)326-6346 He has just about all of the production figures and may be able to help you.
Old 01-14-2000, 08:38 AM
Inactive User

there are no export #s as chrysler did not keep records of exports and yes all export cars are very unusual,my brother found and purchased 2 export 71 Hemicuda convertibles,yes thats what i said,Chrysler records show 7 made in the states,so this made 9.Galen has documented both cars and was instrumental in finding the first one.both were in France and not far from eachother,the first one was a gunmetal gray w/black top,4 spd in need of full restoration,the owner had lost his right leg several years ago and was retiring and decided to sell it.it was sitting in a body shop partially dissassembled.The most unique thing was the rallye dash with the speedo reading in kilometers,240 kilometers!!also the gas cap was relocated due to some law in france at the time,all the unusual pieces for the relocation had chrysler part #s on them.He needed some standard wrenches while there to dissasemble a parts car and had to drive 2 hours to borrow a set!!!The second one he found through acqaintances he made while over there the first time,it was a white on white with black billboards,elec windows, auto,it is in near perfect condition and also has a kilo speedo both cars wear export tags on the pass inner fender.Its most unusual feature is the trunk lock,the key itself is best described as two keys side by side,its very unusual to say the least and you have probably seen this car in several mopar mags,your cars sound very interesting also,it must be too cool to have and drive an almost one of a kind never seen before car over there.talk about getting noticed,Well I'm a full blooded Greek and hope to go there someday soon if I do I'll be sure to look you up and would love to see your MOPARS,...PRO..

[This message has been edited by PRO (edited January 14, 2000).]
Old 01-21-2000, 09:40 AM

Thumbs up

Yep. It´s a pity that Chrysler didn´t keep track with exports.

But those export cars might be searched country by country, by going through the importer dealership files. Like here in Finland we know pretty much for example how many Hemi cars came here back then. And others, of course. Fortunately the rarer ones have been located and saved, and are in good hands.

I think (not sure!) that importer dealership file search has been done also in Sweden, ´cause they take this hobby seriously, too, but what about the other countries over here in Europe? Or elsewher
Old 01-21-2000, 10:47 AM
Inactive User

I know this propably doesn't interest anyone, but actually there are no Plymouth or Chrysler importing papers left since they burned in a fire a long ago. The original Hemi cars that came through the importer are well known, there are two of them. Both are '67 Plymouths, one Belvedere and one GTX.