Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Vintage MOPAR chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-16-1999, 03:15 AM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

In my hometown, Amsterdam - Holland, are more Mopars (also Musclecars) driving around then ever before.
Also the Big C-bodies can be seen these days, and more are coming in every day. Engineparts are no real problem, OK, still very expensive, but things like interiourparts are real difficult to find. The Mopars from the sixties and seventies are becoming more popular then ever in Europe. Are there more people in Europe reading this Mopar Chat site, and can we start a special European topic ? Who has parts for my '69 Newport Convertible at THIS side of the ocean ? Reactions please !!
Old 12-21-1999, 12:25 PM
Inactive User

Hey Jaap(if that is your real name)whats wrong with parts from this side of the ocean?their plentiful,cheap and just take a little shipping you know regular ground service is only a couple months! Just kidding you know weve shipped whole cars from Sweden(67 hemi sattelite),two from France(71 hemicudas)shipping was quite high,about $2500 by ship and it took two months!!Well happy parts hunting ....PRO...
Old 01-03-2000, 10:38 PM
Inactive User

Hello from Italy
here there are no Mopars on the road, very few were imported when new, and now have disappeared. Very few musclecars of recent import, too. Swizerland and Germany are good cheap sources for Mopar parts at good prices, or Sweden. In Switzerland I just bought a 70 Challenger 440 six pack export car, for 2500$, and guess there are still good bargains
Very good meets there, too, about 2000 cars
Greetings Antonello
Old 01-04-2000, 09:57 AM
Inactive User

Here in Finland the Mopars has always been pretty popular. In the 60's and 70's more mopars were sold here than GM's or US Fords. Currently the situation is the same, mopars are the #1 selling US car brand here, mostly Neons because of the decent price (a little over 20000$= 123000 FIM for the base model). Because of the freights and customs everything costs here roughly two times that the parts cost in USA. The models of the 60's that came here new were mostly /6 and three on the tree cars, Valiants, Darts, Belvederes and Coronets as 4D sedans were the majority. 2D HT's were rare and cabriolets almost unheard of, which is no wonder considering the climate. So there are not many 60's or early 70's special models here that has come through the importer, a few 383 'Cudas, one 440 six pack Challenger are some of the rarest. I almost forgot one rarity that a friend of mine owns, a '67 Belvedere 4 D sedan with a 426 Hemi. It's the only one ever made. There are three Hemi cars in the country that has arrived through the importer, and maybe 15 later imported non numbers matching cars. Anyway, the mopar hobby here is doing well, the Finnish mopar association is the biggest car brand association in the whole country, including the european brands, parts availability is good; there are many speed shops here that can get you parts, wrecking yards etc. And the mail order works from the US too. There are also many race mopars, some of them hold european records in their class, even a mopar Pro-Stocker.

[This message has been edited by DartGT66 (edited January 04, 2000).]
Old 01-19-2000, 05:17 PM

Thumbs up

Hi! Here´s another Mopar guy from Europe, Finland. I just found these pages today. Wow, I´m really impressed!

I´ve got a `70 Challenger, it was shipped over here 12/69, so it was one of the firsts here, I think. It was 383/727/8 3/4 posi, red/white, vinyl top.

The vehicle is almost stock looking, but I need some minor things, and advice. So you´ll be seeing my postings on these pages... ;-)

[This message has been edited by BB 70 Challenger (edited January 20, 200
Old 01-19-2000, 09:01 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Hey, welcome aboard BB 70 Challenger!

------------------
1970 392 Hemi Cuda
Old 01-21-2000, 09:48 AM

Question

Hi Jaap. What kinda parts are you looking for?

Have you or anybody else got an extra set of ´70-´71 MAGNUM 440 CAST IRON EXHAUST MANIFOLDS for E-body?

Thanks already.

[This message has been edited by BB 70 Challenger (edited January 22, 2000)
Old 01-28-2000, 04:03 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by antonello:
Hello from Italy
here there are no Mopars on the road, very few were imported when new, and now have disappeared. Very few musclecars of recent import, too. Swizerland and Germany are good cheap sources for Mopar parts at good prices, or Sweden. In Switzerland I just bought a 70 Challenger 440 six pack export car, for 2500$, and guess there are still good bargains
Very good meets there, too, about 2000 cars
Greetings Antonello
hi Antonello

Do you know a place in Switzerland, where I can het parts for a Plymouth P15 1947?

Than you for your help

Thomas