Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-05-2002, 09:44 PM
Inactive User

Help Tire pressures

I am entering my car in a local oval track trophy run. The idea is to post the fastest time around the track. My question is how I should setup the tire pressures. I need to know if I should lower the pressure in the drivers side tires and pumping the pressure up on the passenger side. The track has some pretty steep banks to it. I want my car to stick to the track and give me a good time. I know the F body mopar is not the best handling beast but i think i can handle it i just want all the help I can get. Thanx ladies and gentlemen.

p.s. here is the webpage of the track
http://www.riverviewspeedway.com/
Old 07-05-2002, 10:33 PM
Inactive User

i'm not sure about oval racing...but if i were you, i would try nascar...ask those folks. i would try and ask a nascar driver if you can, or anybody that knows more about oval racing...

sorry i couldn't help. good luck at the race!
Old 07-05-2002, 11:37 PM
Inactive User

Default High bank oval?

Which track?

Anyway, left front - 30lbs
right front - 42lbs
left rear - 24lbs
right rear - 32 lbs

these are only gereral pressures. you can only get the correct pressures by trial and error. These are a starting point.

btw - the volare is a good handleing car.

Old 07-06-2002, 02:52 PM
Inactive User

I raced a 88 Gran fury for 4 years and it handled really good right out of the box. I would put 30 LB in the tires and go, Also make sure that all four tires are the same size as this will really affect the handling on your car, If you run more than 30 the tires tend to skate around and you need to have a little movement, Over 40, wow thats a lot, but your tires would stay on thats for sure, if you can at least put a white spoke or cop car rim on the right side of the car, stock steelies scare me. Check your oil and add a 1/2 quart more so you dont ruin the motor as the pan you have isnt for racing and the oil will sit in the right valve cover and starve the pickup tube in the pan.
It might be just one lap but these are a few things that are over looked when people first start to race.
Check your lug nuts so there tight, see that all the time on a first time racer.
Good luck