Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Classifieds > Vehicles for Sale > Front Wheel Drive - Vehicles for Sale

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-12-2002, 02:07 AM
Inactive User

Default '89 Dodge Daytona ES T1 -MUST SELL-

-HELP ME MOVE THIS CAR ASAP!-

Hey,

I haven't been on the board for a while, but thought I'd drop in.

Almost 2 years ago I picked up a Daytona to use a "beater" / project car. Since that time I've gotten married, bought a house, acquired a grand national, and started a PCM reprogramming business for GM cars.

Because of the above, I REALLY have neglected the poor daytona and I"m considering getting rid of it. I think it would be a fun car to make pretty, etc, but I just don't see the time coming up in the future.

Overall the car is in OK condition. Like all other dodge stuff, it needs a paint job. No rust(one small bubble on trunklink near lock); however. I think there are a few dents, all small, no major body panel damage. This car has the ground effects, etc. Car runs fine; however, I'd recommend some attention to trans area as it has a damaged pan which should be replaced. Also the PS line needs to be re-attached.....

I have a ton of extra parts and stuff that have not been put on. The car has brand new tires (almost $450 in tires) and they have little under 500 miles on them. (new shocks KYB GR2 and new struts)......

This car, IMO, is a PROJECT car and will need a decent amount of work to make it real nice, etc. I classify it as a PROJECT not because of any SERIOUS problems rather, to make it REAL NICE it will need a lot of small details.

I will get pictures and stuff available upon request.....

I am only looking to get back close to what i've put into this car........ I've got about $1200 in it including all of the parts, which come with the car, etc. This price is negotiable as I want to move this car as soon as possible.

I'd rather see a dodge enthusiast take this vehicle than me putting it on ebay, etc.....

Please email me at charlesbeyer@netzero.net if you have specific questions and/or want to see pictures. (I'll take some this week some time, etc.)

The car is located in the greater chicago area.

Thanks

Charles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-002f.jpg (51.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 07-15-2002, 12:14 AM
Inactive User

Default $900 obo

$900 obo
Old 07-17-2002, 12:16 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy $800 obo 2 weeks then gets parted. :(

Ok, must leave soon. I just bought another car and am out of room. This thing will sell in the next two weeks or i'll part it out and junk whats left.

I am working on gettings pics of it up; however, i won't get them until monday....

Here is a much more descriptive explanation of the car and its current condition.

-=-=-=-==-=-

Hi,

I will get you pictures this weekend as the car is being stored at my mother in law's house.

I'll give you as best as a description as i can at this point.

Exterior Body - Pretty Good. No Major dents, rust, or scratches. However, it look as though the passenger fender waqs replaced as the color is different than the rest of the car. There is one bubble in the paint near the lock for the hatch back.

Interior - Ok. Personally, I was looking to replace the carpet and reupholster the seats. They are a light bluish color which I do not like too much. They are probably average condition for their age. All instruments on the gauge work fine. The factory stereo has been removed. I isntalled a CD player and bought all new speakers for the car. HOWEVER, due to the fact I work 13 hours a day and lost time to work on the car, I did not get the rear speakers re-installed. (I was going to run new speaker wire and the whole nine yards.)

Engine/Trans - Engine and trans run fine. There is no smoke, the turbo spools, trans shifts fine. I had this car over 100 MPH and it pulled fine throughout the band. I really haven't done any work to the car as far as performance upgrades, but I had a bunch of stuff planned. (however, lack of time once again.). Two issues to note are ..... It would appear that at one point the car hit a rock or bottomed out on something? If you look on the underside you will see some scrapes on the underside of the car. Along with this, there is a VERY SMALL crack in the oil pan and in the SIDE trans pan. (for the differential ??). I have sealed both leaks with RTV gasket maker. While this is effective, as the leaks were small, its not very professional looking. I was looking for replacements pans but didn't find any before i lost interest in the car. One thing that will need to be replaced soon, IMO, are the mounts. They are soft and the car will make noise when you put it in gear, etc.

Suspension/Steering - I have brand new KYB GR2 struts for the front (not installed yet) and new KYB GR2 Shocks for rear (installed and driven 100 miles). I have an extra swaybar for this car in my garage if you want it. The power steering line was leaking so I bought the replacement line; however, I did not have time to install it. I can install it for you or you can DIY. I think the front end needs an alignment but I am not positive on that.

Tires - Tires are Brand new with under 500 miles on them. They are good summer tires and so-so winter tires. The rims are the honeycomb pattern rims and are in ok condition.

Exhaust - I put on a new exhaust on this car about a year and a half ago. It shows some surface rust as its not stainless steel, but the last time I checked it had not rusted through or anything. (The exhaust is stock configuration, nothing special).

Paint - The paint has the standard chrysler/dodge paint fade/peel problem. I actually found a very interesting website that details how to have the car repainted for free due to the fact it was a known factory defect, etc. I was going ot pursue that and I may still if the car doesn't sell.

Windshield - The front windshield is cracked. I do not think I mentioned this in the initial ad and I just now remembered. I got quotes from reputabable window shops in the $250 installed range. If you got used glass, it could be done much cheaper.

The car has the following new parts within the last 500 miles --> Fuel Pressure regulator, Spark Plugs, Distributor cap, hall effect sensor(pickup), oil filter, trans filter, new door locks*, radiator, thermostat, rear trunklid struts, new tires, new rear shocks, cleaned flow matched injectors, brake pads,rotors.

I have the following new and uninstalled parts for this car that also go with it : new front struts, new o2 sensor, new spark plug wires, new chrome plated engine cover, extra trip dcomputer, extra boost guage, chrysler maintenance book (helms i think?), any other misc stuff laying around for it...

Anyway, as you can probably tell, its in good condition for its age; howevever, it will need some attention to make it into really good shape. Most of the "issues" are VERY simple things to do; however, I just do not have any time for this car at all. I'm usually up until 3am as it is now working on various things for my day job or my night job.

I will get you some pictures as soon as possible.

Thank You!

Charles

*The car has new door locks for the doors and i have keys for that; however, I DO NOT have the old key for the trunk as it was lost I am having a lock smith make me a key or make the current keys work on that lock.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:38 PM
Inactive User

Default Hey.

I'm already emailing ya!