Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-21-2002, 10:26 PM
Inactive User

CAT 22 Baby!

YEEEEEEHAAAAAA! Congrats to Ward Burton and the Bill Davis Racing crew for keeping Dodge in the winners circle. So what if Kenseth blew a tire.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:20 AM

Default Life is good

What could be better than having a Dodge win, and a Dodge leading the points? Life is good now, not to mention the fact that they are both class acts. Go Bill Davis racing, Ganassi Motorsports, and MOPAR!! Enough said, and ..........................See ya at the track!!
Old 07-22-2002, 10:52 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin Re: Life is good

A BIG AMEN modracr41!

Quote:
Originally posted by modracr41
What could be better than having a Dodge win, and a Dodge leading the points? Life is good now, not to mention the fact that they are both class acts. Go Bill Davis racing, Ganassi Motorsports, and MOPAR!! Enough said, and ..........................See ya at the track!!
Old 07-24-2002, 07:44 AM
Inactive User

Ford Owed us one for Sears Point. Sucks what happened to Bill Elliot he had a good chance to move up in the point standings. Glad To see Jerry Nadaeu got the Petty 44 ride. Sterling really could use a win to put some distance on everyone. It's about time Ward got the demons out.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:47 AM

YES. (I thought I posted here Monday but I guess the 'Net ate it). I was very pleased for Ward and Bill Davis. I am so glad a real driver won that one. All the other "prisses" complained and complained and that #24 guy even wanted to red flag it! Sheesh, just DRIVE the car mister DRIVER. Conditions change, drivers drive, Ward won. What an excellent driver!
Old 07-24-2002, 11:31 AM
Inactive User

Well said bbrule!

Quote:
Originally posted by beepbeepsrule
YES. (I thought I posted here Monday but I guess the 'Net ate it). I was very pleased for Ward and Bill Davis. I am so glad a real driver won that one. All the other "prisses" complained and complained and that #24 guy even wanted to red flag it! Sheesh, just DRIVE the car mister DRIVER. Conditions change, drivers drive, Ward won. What an excellent driver!
Old 07-24-2002, 12:08 PM

Old 07-25-2002, 06:18 PM
Inactive User

I'm a big Ward Burton fan and was glad to see him finally get a break! Bill Davis runs a good organization. Not the biggest or the richest but they work hard and get results. Ward had the best car at Richmond if you remember and had tranny problems! His season has been pretty rough to this point. Any thoughts? Also it seems to me Sterling has been pretty conservative since he won those first couple races? Anyone think likewise?
Old 07-26-2002, 12:34 PM

Ward has had the car to beat more than a couple of times between last season and this season. The team performance has been up and down for some reason(s). Ward can really conserve tires from what I can tell. Last year it was like there was a big bulls-eye on the back of that CAT22 Dodge, everyone was running into him in the middle of the season. This year I think is just the normal luck you get at NASCAR.

The #40 team does seem to like where they are right now and I am afraid they are not hungry enough to ward off any streaks from other drivers. I would rather that the #40 get on a streak and make the other teams scramble! Sterling is driving well but not stellar, and he has made some boo-boos one of which cost him Daytona and that other more recent pit booboo that put him a lap down. They need to be more consisent in the pits I think also.

Like I said once before, if I drove in a WC car I would be in about 2,407th place in the points right now so I really appreciate the efforts put forth by all the teams. I also have a message from the fans to the all the drivers (like #24 and #20) who whine about the track, aero push, whatever: DRIVE already, good drivers can drive whether they are in clean air or not...!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2002, 02:18 PM
Inactive User

I'm looking forward to the race at Pocono this weekend. The Bill Davis crew are bringing a new car and it sounds like they may be ready for this race. He sure has my curiosity up, I wonder what unconventional things he's talking about....

"I'm hoping that doing some unconventional things will work conventionally on the Caterpillar Dodge." -Ward Burton

As far as the 40 car, Sterling does not seem to be his self lately, but you are not going to keep that Ganassi car down for long. I think some real petty things have hurt Sterling, one you've mentioned and thats the crew. Dosen't help when you drive your hardest to win and you crew lets you down.

Quote:
Originally posted by David Wagle
I'm a big Ward Burton fan and was glad to see him finally get a break! Bill Davis runs a good organization. Not the biggest or the richest but they work hard and get results. Ward had the best car at Richmond if you remember and had tranny problems! His season has been pretty rough to this point. Any thoughts? Also it seems to me Sterling has been pretty conservative since he won those first couple races? Anyone think likewise?