Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Vintage MOPAR chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-22-2000, 03:01 PM
Many Cubic Inches

Hey,
I've been looking for a Cuda (70-73) for more than a year now, for around the 10 grand mark (Can.$)and came up with only one. Its a 73 in good shape, not # matching. Mt question is...have Cuda's become a saught after car more-so than other mopar of that time? I heard from other mopar-heads that all mopars are increasing in popularity, value, especially the cuda, where the cuda tops the most wanted list. Is this accurate?
Old 03-22-2000, 10:42 PM
Inactive User

Well, they aren't making them anymore!
Seriously, they are getting harder to find. Any running E body in decent shape has really gone up in value, followed closely by the, 68-70 B's, then the later (71-74) B's, etc-
And dry to find a driver quality car for $3k to $5k range- almost impossible. I think a lot of it is from the proliferation of "restoration parts suppliers" for our Mopars- it's kind of a shame. I'm NOT talking about the repop places, or even the established guys like Ted Stephens, Neil Freeman or Ron Slobe- those guys were doing this 20 years ago, or more, and were the only game in town for a long time. They helped preserve this hobby, but the recent popularity has created too many of the "Bubba's Bait & Tackle & Mopar Resto Parts" type places. If they see a 'Cuda or Charger setting, and get their grubby little chop shop paws on it, it's no longer a $2000 car, it's 2 fenders @ $300 each, bumpers @ $150 ea., trim, tail lights, grille, etc.- See what I mean? Look at Ebay-
I wonder how many drivers, restorable cars the average guy can afford, are getting parted out? And once their gone, their gone!
And if one guy gets a good price for a part, you can bet that some yahoo will be out scouring the bushes for another car to part to line his pockets.
I enjoy reading the posts about someone finding a deal, and wanting to put money into it instead of making money from it. It makes
me hope that we're not going to price ourselves out of existence.
(rant mode off)
Any one else?

[This message has been edited by Al Reibel (edited March 22, 2000).]
Old 03-23-2000, 04:45 AM
Inactive User

yes , it is a shame how the prices are these days. i searched for a long time to find a '68 road runner in my price range but i found a decent driver for $3400 in Mopar Collector's Guide. I have seen some decent prices in this ad magazine. i havent looked in any recent issues, but you could probably find a real nice driver from around $5k to $8k U.S. but u would have to do some traveling or have it delivered way up there which a lot of sellers will deliver. anyways good luck with your search.
Old 03-23-2000, 12:57 PM
Inactive User

You have good taste, and us 'cuda guys will benefit from the fact, but long AFTER having spent the money. There were never more than about 100,000 cuda's ever made, many lost to rust and smashed by street racers. Compare this to Camaro and Mustang production numbers about ten times this, and you see why prices are high. Cost me $3800 for a driver, but it needed another $10,000 to look and run really nice. Mine will NEVER be a show car, for all of that..