Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-27-2002, 09:26 AM
Inactive User

Default Kudos to Awesome Bill, again!

Let's hear it for Bill Elliot. I think he would've contended last week if not for carb problems! A carburator problem! It's one of them racing deals I guess. I'm pulling for Ward or Sterling but would not be to upset to see Awesome Bill sneak into victory lane.
This is his 4th pole, he's 10th in points, he was 8th before last week. I think Evernham/Elliot are a good team for where each is at in Winston Cup. Evernham as a fairly new team owner and Elliot winding down his long and successful career. I know this is a lot of stuff but did anyone read that Rickey Rudd could be headed to Ganassi next year as a third team?
Old 07-27-2002, 11:43 AM

Bill Elliott can really finesse a car around the track. I like it when he does well. His red #9 is the wallpaper on my PC at work!

Read about Rudd going to Ganassi in "the Buzz" at nascar.com. Could be good, Ganassi can sure run a racing organization that's for sure.....
Old 07-27-2002, 04:34 PM
Inactive User

Default Chip Ganassi

I agree Ganassi knows how to run a team. He has been successful at Indy Car and now Winston Cup. I think he is a "winner" and that kind of attitude trickles down thru an organization. He also provides top notch equipment, something Sterling didn't always have under just Felix Sabates ownership. I'll be anxious to see if Jimmy Spencer stays around or if he will move on after this year. He has not had the same success Sterling did last year. Although in my opinion Sterling is definitely the better driver. I read the buzz over at Nascar.com that's what got me thinking of Rickey Rudd driving a Dodge. Especially if he brings the Texaco/Havoline sponsorship with him.
Old 07-29-2002, 01:16 AM
Inactive User

This is great news guys, I don't have cable so I missed it all dangit! Last week I was pulling a head off of an engine and missed Wards victory. Bill and Ray was due this win, the #9 car just needed a little more tweeking on the carb.

Maybe Sterling will get his next week.

I LOVE IT!

YEHAWWWWWWW!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 01:38 AM
Inactive User

I agree, they were due. Bill has had a great year up to this point. He's only about 50 or so points out of the top five in points I think. I missed most of it because of the rain delays and all but was glad to see a Dodge in Victory Lane.
Old 07-29-2002, 02:34 PM
Inactive User

Hey, I agree that Bill does know how to finese a car, but what I saw at Pocono yesterday was Bill Elliott driving that red #9 car harder into the corners than I have seen him do in a long, long time. The deal with the 9 team is that the better they get, the better they will get! What I mean by that is they are improving week in and week out, and they are gaining confidence. I look for several more wins for Awesome Bill, which will make me very, very happy.........
Old 07-29-2002, 03:16 PM
Inactive User

Bill and Sterling both did what they had to do yesterday. It was great!
Wouldn't be wonderful for Sterling to win the Cup this year? In spite of NASCAR!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 04:33 PM
Inactive User

From what I read RedIntrepid9 your right about Bill "driving" the car hard. I wish I could've seen it. That team's confidence level has got to be sky high right now. Especially since he has gotten better as the year has wore on. Wouldn't it be great to see him sneak up into the top five and give Sterling a run for his money. I'm was also glad to see Sterling pick it up and finish good. Hopefully this will be where he starts to pull away in the points lead.
Old 07-29-2002, 04:46 PM

Right on about Elliott's driving at the end yesterday. The article I read used the words "stunning move on the outside" in describing how he chose to go around Marlin for the lead. Kurt Busch was sutably impressed also the article went on to say.....