Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-28-2002, 03:19 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up Does anyone soup up minivans anymore?

Everyone's probably seen The Turbo Minivan, but it's an 89. A 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan is available with a 3.8L V6, AWD, AutoStick, and a beefed up transmission as part of the tow package. The amenities overall are much nicer than the older vans, and the van itself is much better looking.

Are there bolt on modifications like turbos and superchargers (supercharger would be preferable, I would think) for late-model Mopar minivans? What other vehicles use the 3.8L V6? I did some searching on google but didn't come up with anything. Minivans are already about the most versatile vehicles in the world, but nobody makes "sport" minivans. I'm thinking a supercharger, 17 or 18 inch wheels, stiffer suspension, and a dual exhaust would make them perfect.
Old 07-28-2002, 05:23 PM
Inactive User

I've always thought it would be neat to get one of those "silent drive" superchargers and build a sleeper minivan. Get a mom type to drive it to the local cruise spot and lay the whoop-down on some Hondas!
Old 07-28-2002, 09:56 PM
Inactive User

There are tons of souped up and pimped out minivans in the Atlanta area .Most of them are owned by young mexican migrant workers and also used as taxis.
All the white kids are too good for minivans-so they sink about 20 grand into their yo-boy hondas.