Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-02-2002, 08:54 PM
Inactive User

Default cuda66273 could you help out a rookie

cuda
Can I apply the demon carb setup procedure to my Holley 750 dp mechanical secondaries.I'm going to be starting the car soon and would like to apply some sort of technique this time.I'm 50 and been drag racing 2 years now, stumbling my way through.Your tech is real good stuff keep it coming.Thanx Ken
Old 08-02-2002, 10:19 PM
Banned

All carbs basically work the same...they atomize fuel so that it can sucked into a cylinder, compressed and ignited.

Try and think outside the box for a moment and lets look at what we're trying to accomplish...first you want to get it to idle smooth...right?

Then let's start with the key component of the idle circuit...the throttle plates, they control the air flow so lets get the air under control first by adjusting the air flow down to absolute minimum which is nearly closed, there'll always be a little air sneaking around the butterflies to let the engine idle.

So now you've got control of the air you can follow my procedure to add some fuel to get a good clean mixture on the idle circuit.

Now we can move to the primary and secondary circuits for max performance at WOT, and yes you can use my proceedure to do this, have a look at the Edelbrock tuning article in that same post it explains more on plug reading to tune to the engines fuel requirements.

So instead of staring down the venturi's like a calf at a new gate, think about what's at the bottom of the carb, the base plate, and start there.

You can email me direct at cuda66273@hotmail.com if you need more one on one help.
Old 08-02-2002, 10:25 PM
Banned

50....and been racing for 2 years...humm sounds familiar....I'm 50 and I've been Drag Racing for 2 years also...although the years and years of driving around in a circle seem to have helped me move up into the "Don't Line up next to him group"

Drag Racing has 2 elements...Reaction Time and tune-up....if you've got both nailed.....you be the Hammer!

Roundy rounders add a few more elements...chassis set-up, 30 other cars on the track, concrete walls and 30 laps.....