Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-13-2002, 08:21 AM
Inactive User

Default Rudd drive Dodge next year

Ricky Rudd (yes my favorite driver even though he drives a Ford) is rumored to be swtiching from Yates to Ganassi racing, meaning he will drive a Dodge next year! he hasn't announced anything but I've heard Havoline wants to stay his sponser as well as keep the number 28, Sadler will be replacing Rudd at Yates Racing, but more importantly as I said, Rudd in a Dodge!--whta do you guys think of this
Old 08-13-2002, 12:55 PM
Inactive User

Default It's still up in the air!

It would certainly be cool to see Rudd in a Ganassi Dodge, but there's still no word on the final outcome.
Ford is engaged in a tug-o'-war to keep him. I guess they realize that he's the only Ford driver (except Martin) of any consequence who's not a complete jackass or crybaby.
Even if Rudd doesn't wind up in a Dodge, he's still of the coolest sort...a true competitor and a gentleman.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:03 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
he's the only Ford driver (except Martin) of any consequence who's not a complete jackass or crybaby

You're forgetting Dale Jarrett.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:30 AM
Inactive User

Default I did not forget Jarrett

No he's not a jackass, but he does whine quite frequently.

Like the last race at Daytona, where he walked back to the pits in a huff, because the ambulance didn't get there quick enough for him . Never mind that Nemecek was HARD into the wall and Bodine was on fire! C'mon Dale, just shut up and be thankful you're alright, and if you must say something, how about some concern for the two drivers I already mentioned.

People don't like that in a person, and I'll bet Ford notices too, although I doubt they would give up Jarrett without a fight either.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:41 AM
Inactive User

I've heard about this for a while now and I hope he makes it to Gnassi racing. Nothing positive yet tho.

As far as Jarret goes...sure wish they would make him drive "the truck".
Old 08-17-2002, 10:30 PM
Inactive User

rolleyes2 Rudd/Dodge 2003?

I for 1 would like 2 see Rudd join Ganassi ,like you guys said he is a good guy. The thing i noticed most is how Rudd races according to the track conditions, just like Sterling he doesnt try to over drive the car. Either driver would be happy to see the other in his mirror,wether it be fending off the competition or helping push to get past others. Just like Bill Elliot Rudd could benefit from a new team,and a new atmosphere.
Old 08-18-2002, 01:52 AM
Inactive User

I just read on NASCAR.com where Rudd canceled two news conferences scheduled for this weekend, leading people to believe the deal with Ganassi could be off. The Wood Brothers name popped up quite abit. I would love to see Rudd driving with Sterling. I think a Rudd/Marlin combo would be pretty tough to beat.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:11 AM
Inactive User

I am a rudd fan but this guy needs to quit burning bridges with top name car owners, the deal with Ganassi is dead and if he goes to wood bros, well lets just hope not. Yates thinks that Sadler is the next best thing, but all he sees in him is dollar signs. I hate Jarrett, anyone who takes out a teammate to win is a horses a$$. Got that off my chest.
Ford wants rudd so darn bad that they are going to offset the money it will cost the Wood bros to sign him.