Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Diesel & Turbo Diesel Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-16-2002, 12:53 AM
Inactive User

I was in a 03 3500 Diesel

You diesel guys might find this interesting..........
I was standing outside the Parts Dept of the dealership I work at this morning when I happened to glance over to this red Ram truck that was across the lot by the fence. It looked a little taller than usual so I had to take a closer look. The first thing I noticed was the "C" emblem that was on the fender. Well this peaked my interest. I just had to go over and take a peak. Yes it was running,and yes it was extremely quiet. I went over to take a closer look and there was some guy sitting in it, he didn't even say anything as I was walking around the truck. Later that morning I was back outside and a different guy was there and he told me that it was a preproduction truck that was touring across Canada. Then he offers me the key and asks if I want to start it up. Well duh? I'm on this like white on rice. I can't get over how quiet this engine is.
I'll give you a run down of the truck.

'03 Ram 3500 Quad Cab
Laramie package
Cummings Diesel
6 speed trans
17" wheels {steel with skins and real cool centre caps}
loaded to the eyeballs inside.

All I can say is Dura-what??

Old 08-22-2002, 08:50 PM
Inactive User

Default you lucky guy!

Bet you enjoyed that for hours after. One small thing though: there ain't no "G" in Cummins!!!!!!!!! Not in "Humminbird" either (you know, the fish finders).
Ron

Old 08-22-2002, 10:08 PM
Banned

Gripe

HOPE that "new" '03 engine delivers better fuel econ that that 98.5 24 valve..........I am sold on that 12v.....as IS many other people.
Old 08-24-2002, 12:41 AM
Inactive User

Default Re: you lucky guy!

Quote:
Originally posted by ol ron
Bet you enjoyed that for hours after. One small thing though: there ain't no "G" in Cummins!!!!!!!!! Not in "Humminbird" either (you know, the fish finders).
Ron

You're right, there is no "G" in there. I used to date a girl who's last name was cummings. Just a slip of the finger I guess.
Old 08-24-2002, 02:12 PM
Inactive User

Just a little info (I spend most of my time on the Performance Forum, but am on my 5th Cummins-Dodge Combo.) My late 91 LE 250, intercooled 5 speed would out pull any of the past or current, and deliver 23 mpg empty. Of course you couldn't hear the radio.

There have been two of the red 3500's as described in the above post here in South and South Central Texas for about the last two months. They always travel in pairs, and have the same black steel wheels, very quiet, not much comment from the drivers, just to say testing.