Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-20-2002, 02:18 PM
Inactive User

Default 340 Turbo

I know turbo question have come up a fair bit but Im still a bit confused on the feul system needed. I am going to be buying a 340 and would like to run a turbo system probably a twin turbo . I was thinking of using two turbos off some turbo 2 daytonas as well as the wastegate and pov's and a intercooler off a Cummins Diesel. My problem is what do I use for a feul system ?? What about a 360 magnum system mated to the 340 intake with a Rising rate regulator and some 24lbs injectors?? Or would a non multiport system work???Also does anyone know the easiest way to make the manifolds or headers??

Please give some advice and any info that might help me
Old 08-20-2002, 03:23 PM
Inactive User

Cool, someone's gonna try something other than a bolt on...

For the headers I would check out this website

http://www.headersbyed.com/

A lot of very useful information here, and all the parts you would need to build headers that would work for you (hope you can weld). If the website doesn't answer all your questions, give them a call or e-mail them. They know their stuff.

As for the fuel system, I would talk to Rance at rance fuel injection

http://www.rancefi.com/. This guy will steer you in the right direction (he's a mopar head). He has done many cool conversions.

Good luck and let us know how this works out!
Old 08-20-2002, 09:52 PM
Inactive User

no, using the 360 injection system won't work. for a fuel system to support 2x the horsepower, you need 4x the fuel pressure. and that's just a general, not taking into consideration the different load amounts. FMU's are more of a band-aid then anything proper. You are really going to need programmable fuel injection if you want to keep the fuel injection. as for what injectors would be needed, that is going to depend on what horsepower output you are looking for. Realisticly, with boost, 1.4 is a good round figure. so you if are making 100hp, you can plan on making ABOUT 140hp with boost. Adding the intercooler, is going to help quite a bit, and 1.5 shouldn't be out of the question. Don't think that you can just up to boost to 20 psi, and make 1000hp. it won't work, actually after a certain point, power will decrease with more boost because of increased temps, and ignition retard to avoid detonation.

here is a site with alot of good info, and alot of links....I know it's a ford site, but the knowledge is there!
http://www.toohighpsi.com/index.htm