Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-22-2002, 02:11 AM
Inactive User

Default Foreign Car Parts

How many of us Mopar freaks can honestly state they are driving a Mopar with no foreign car parts on it? This would include Canada and Mexico and after market items.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:11 PM

Default yeah, but.....

this here is the way i look at that type a thing. Our mopars (actually mine dont have hardly none, cuz its a 78 powerwagon, and them was still good ole American parts back then) may have a few foreign parts here and there, but they are still American made, by American workers, who are supportin the American economy, and tryin to raise an American family. I know one thing-mopars may have some foreign parts on em, but them rice rods got ALL foreign parts, you can be yer a$$ on that one. I still to hell with the jap cars, i figure if i was born, growed up, and live in America, well, hell that makes me an American, i reckon, and that means i oughta buy American made cars, cuz them are made by my fellow American friends. LONG LIVE AMERICA AND HER CARS

Semper Fi
Old 08-22-2002, 02:57 PM

I hate to be the one to say this, but if you really want people to respect your opinion(s), then please try to use proper grammer. I know that my spelling and grammer may often be incorrect, however your artifical "redneck" is very annoying.
Old 08-22-2002, 03:42 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

ehostler;

Believe it or not, some folks are proud to be rednecks.
(????????)

As far as grammer, for me, it would be like throwing rocks at a glass house. Although, when I read the text, I can honestly say that the way it's reads is the way many speak.
Thats just how it is.
Old 08-22-2002, 05:35 PM
Inactive User

Hey fellas this iant english class.
As long as a person can get their point across.
Does it really matter how they say it?
I am un able to spell with any consistency.
I type with 2 fingers.
And I lack proper grammer as well.
And the list goes on and on.
However I genarle get my point across.
Think about it.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:34 PM
Inactive User

what's wrong with canadian parts heck, my whole car was made with pride in canada. foreign to me means another continent. in fact there are plenty of mopars built in canada and shipped to the u.s., and vice versa.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:58 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up Foreign car parts

I have no problems with canadian parts, it,s the asian crap I dislike! I just recently bought a voltage regulator for my duster and asked for USA part. Borgwarner to the rescue. Of course I paid twice what the asian stuff cost.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:16 PM

Most grammer doesn't bother me. I have a problem when an artificial accent gets to the point where you can't understand most of what they are saying. I call it artificial, as I have seen many of his posts without the accent.

I was already in a bad mood and when I read this last post of his, it just pushed me over the edge. Come on, it's missing letters and words. Explain what this means "I still to hell with the jap cars", it just makes no sense.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:33 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

I can agree with 78magnumxe on that. Nothin wrong with the canuck brothers.

Thats alraight ehostler, we all have our days. Although that 1 sentence was weird. I also get annoyed when people screw up a sentence that bad. On purpose is one thing, not realizing is another. Makes me think, "Da-da-da-da-dummy"
"artificial accent ?" GOD forbid I type the way I speak sometimes.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:39 PM
Inactive User

It works like this "brand X" makes air cleaners in the usa, gets bought out by a larger corporate player! (globalization in effect!) then contracts the work out to the lowest bidder, usually a company located in a third world country. thus bypassing unions, labour laws and enviormental regulations. this cuts down production costs by 80% but your now still buying brand x air cleaners for the same original price only with poorer quality!
Old 08-23-2002, 12:50 AM
Inactive User

Eddie - there are some folk that write the way they speak. There are some people that use strange spelling and sentence construction to emphasize a point (ask cuda66273 how to speak Korean). And there are some people who just can't help it, but try.... look how far Rumblefish has come in only the few months I've been pestering him.

I can say that ALL my MOPARS have only American parts in them. I can say it, but it would be a lie.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:21 AM
Inactive User

Wink

Here are also folks whos native language is not English.......please DO NOT throw us out because our grammar is not allways perfect !!

Another mod (Maxwedge) tried to educate me earlier.......either I have improved or he found me to be impossible case

Kimmo
Old 08-23-2002, 10:08 AM
Inactive User

my wife speaks with fork tougue. still can't figure out her pig latin.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:18 AM

Default sorry

Well, im sorry if i dont speak proper grammer, and sometimes i leave out words on accident cuz i get to typin too fast, but i will refute (oh, damn, big ole word fer a redneck, huh e?) one thing, if you dont think thats really the way i talk, i invite ya to give me a call, and you can hear it fer yerself, and if ya dont like it, dont read my posts i guess. I am the way i am, sorry if you dont like it. Anways, i dont see how ya can be from Virginia, and not know how rednecks talks anyways. why cant ya just focus on what im sayin, and not how im sayin. I mean, i aint never sead a mean word to no one on here, and next thing i know im gettin attacked cuz of my accent. Hey, ya know, whatever.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:19 AM
Banned

I think I saw the sarcasm in the post.....we sometimes appear to be redneckish (is that a word) in our insistance on American parts for our American Mopars (Owned by a German Company)...go figure that one.....

I too desperatly continue to search for American made parts for my beloved Mopar, but there are times when it's just not possible. I really don't have a problem with alot of the aftermarket parts that are clearly labeled with the true source of manufacturing, but deceit seems to be common place in the aftermarket ie: Eagle rods, Manley Rods, Scat cranks and Scat rods...and....let's not forget one of the biggest offenders MA MOPAR herself. Walter P. would turn over in his grave if new what deceitful marketing schemes were being practiced in his company....just open up a stroker crank box....you think your buying an Mopar Performance part? wrong it's made by SCAT in Rodonda Beach Ca, wrong again...try Red China!

This type of deception is what really ticks me off....I want to know and be able to choose where my money goes...and Red China is not where I want my hard earned Yankee Bucks to end up.

Rid Nick, ya'll betchya, it's as red as the maple leaf on the Canadian flag I was born under and the stripes on the flag of country I love and call HOME!

Just my opinion and because I live in America where thousands have died in defence of our freedoms.....F(&*^ dem thar feriners gimme dat Amarican stuff, red white and blue Eh?
Old 08-23-2002, 10:26 AM
Inactive User

eyes tell yoo what, eyes don't kare whats peeple thunk. eyes writ the way eyes lik to writ. ifin you dont lik the way i writ, then that too baad. eyes is 1 hundrid percent american, all the wey. i luv my cuntry all the wey. gawd bless america!!
Old 08-23-2002, 10:43 AM

Default reason is....

one of the reasons my older posts wasnt typed like this was cuz i used to try to type properly but it took me longer to figure out how ta make everything sound all proper, and i got really fed up with it, so i just decided to start typin it like i was talkin to ya face to face, like i'd just come on out and say it to ya. Trust me, aint no artifical 'redneck' here-but by the way, i dont got nuthin against Canadian made parts either, but havin been in Japan and Korea now, i can honestly say i got an even more disgust for Jap made parts. (took me 5 minutes)

now for ehostler:

One of the precise reasons that my previous posts were not typed in this fashion was because i used to try and type meticulously. However, it took me longer to calculate how to make everything sound very proper, and i became very frustrated, so i decided to start typing as though we were having a conversation in the presence of each other. Trust me, there is no artifical redneck here. Oh by the way, i have no qualms against Canadian made parts either, but because my journeys have taken me to Japan and Korea, i can truly and most deeply emphasize that i have a pure disgust and utter dislike for Japanese maufactured items. (This required 3 days)

Now hopefully, everyone can enjoy my posts, bein's how they can all read it now. Semper Fi
Old 08-23-2002, 11:49 AM
Inactive User

Gripe Bonjour mes freres! Ola hombres!

What the frikkin' frakkin' frukkin' heck is going on?!?!?!

I thought I already explained to everyone, that corporations (no matter how many American flags they have on their front lawns) are PROFIT-driven. The bigger the profit = the bigger their bonuses and the more Porche's, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Mercedes' and Rolls Royce's the corporate pigs can have in their garages.

And unless the manufacturing industry is willing to take a 10 fold salary decrease, there's just no way the North American-made products can compete with China / Asia.

All products must be manufactured with the lowest cost in mind. In the auto-restoration sector, this doesn't matter much since most of us don't wear-out parts that often and don't mind paying higher prices for better quality parts. Unfortunately, we are not the driving force behind the economy. Classic cars (25 years and older?) count for approx. 1% of all cars out there.

Not much can be done to stop foreign parts and products from coming into North America. Soon we'll have the rug yanked out from underneath us and we'll be left bewildered as to how we could've let this happen.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:02 PM
Inactive User

Old 08-23-2002, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Soon we'll have the rug yanked out from underneath us and we'll be left bewildered as to how we could've let this happen.
What do you mean "could've" have you noticed the unemployment stats lately?

"Unfortunately, we are not the driving force behind the economy. Classic cars (25 years and older?) count for approx. 1% of all cars out there."

True but take it one step further....we can shop for everything more carefully, tell store operators that we don't want the Chinese junk, refuse to buy it, be vocal, tell them why. My wife hates shopping with me, I let 'em know exactly how I feel and I make sure that everyone within 50 feet can hear my protest.

We must slow down the trade deficit to save what's left of our economy. Not to mention the fact that the Chinese are taking our money and building nuclear missles, and guess who their pointing them at...here, take my gun and shoot me please.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:43 PM

Default Re: sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by powerwagon
Well, im sorry if i dont speak proper grammer, and sometimes i leave out words on accident cuz i get to typin too fast, but i will refute (oh, damn, big ole word fer a redneck, huh e?) one thing, if you dont think thats really the way i talk, i invite ya to give me a call, and you can hear it fer yerself, and if ya dont like it, dont read my posts i guess. I am the way i am, sorry if you dont like it. Anways, i dont see how ya can be from Virginia, and not know how rednecks talks anyways. why cant ya just focus on what im sayin, and not how im sayin. I mean, i aint never sead a mean word to no one on here, and next thing i know im gettin attacked cuz of my accent. Hey, ya know, whatever.
I apologize. Like I said, I was already in a bad mood. Sometimes it's hard to focus on what your trying to say, because its hard to make heads or tails of your post.

As far as being from Virginia goes, I only live here. I'm from all over (mostly California). Northern Virginia has very few rednecks. Now West Virginia on the other hand... I must also admit that I have worked with some very intelligent rednecks, from West Virginia.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:59 PM
Inactive User

God!!... I love this forum.
Old 08-23-2002, 01:13 PM
Inactive User

Wink Douglas, PLEASE!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Wilson
God!!... I love this forum.

If you have nothing negative to say, please stay quiet!
Old 08-23-2002, 02:41 PM
Inactive User

Default Re: Douglas, PLEASE!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by and00542

If you have nothing negative to say, please stay quiet!
hehehe, thats a new one... i think i'll hold on to my tongue...err, fingers on this subject...

i too don't like cheap jap stuff, i finally asked for an american voltage regulator and it has lasted MUCH longer than the jap crap... same thing with my ballast resistor, it cost me around $6 cause it's american made...

to put it in short:

jap CRAP SUX!!
Old 08-24-2002, 12:40 AM
Inactive User

Whuch Jap CRAP SUX, the light weight starter, the light weight air compressor condenser, the turbo chargers or the import cars with Chrysler badging?? What percentage of Mitsubishi does D-C own, what percentage of Mazda does Ford own and what about GM?????
Old 08-24-2002, 01:30 AM
Inactive User

what the hell is "whuch"?? you mean "which"? i couldn't really tell ya...i just know that my experience with jap CRAP has taken me back to the parts house over and over again... and my wallet is skinney!
Old 08-24-2002, 09:17 AM
Banned

Look who's teaching "Spelling 101"....need I go back over your previous posts.....LOL
Old 08-24-2002, 02:29 PM

Default im sorry myself

hey ehostler, i really respect yer posts on here, cuz ya got a lotta good information, and you always got helpful hints. I'll try to make things a little easier to read, sometimes i get to goin when im typin, and i forget a word here and there, and really dont mean to. Well, i shouldnta made that smartass remark either, so i guess we're even, i reckon now we just gotta be friends . Sorry again, i'll try to make em a little easier. semper fi
Old 08-24-2002, 02:48 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by cuda66273
Look who's teaching "Spelling 101"....need I go back over your previous posts.....LOL
hey, i wasn't telling him how to spell it, i was making sure thats what he meant... notice there is a "?" after "which"... it was a question... i know i'm not a perfect speller sometimes...it happens to all of us... i just couldn't understand his post till i thought about it a while and put an "I" in the place of the "U"....
Old 08-24-2002, 05:04 PM
Inactive User

I NEVER make a spelling mistrake!!!