Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Power Adders

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-30-2002, 12:04 AM
Inactive User

Default what is the best deal on a supercharger?

I have installed my m1 intake and ready for a supercharger !!

Which one should I purchase? Whats the best price I will find?
and is there any more info I should know?

Thank You !!!!!

I need your responces !!!

Thanks!1

Moparpartsman
Old 08-30-2002, 01:18 PM
Intense Blue Member

Cool

The cheapest and easiest blower to install is the Powerdyne, but you get what you pay for. It requires yearly factory maintenance, is limited in boost pressure, detonation is a way of life without significant mods, and many ( most? ) of those who use it ( in their Dakotas at least ) end up blowing head gaskets. The install is pretty easy though.

OTOH, the Paxton is a high quality unit with great fuel management, nothing else to buy, and I have yet to hear of a Dodge owner who has had to replace his head gaskets. The downsides are the cost and the install - not impossible, but not an afternoon's work either. Vortech used to make them for Dodges, but they merged with Paxton and are in the process of phasing out their unit in favor of the Paxton NOVI2000 unit. This blower will last as long as your truck and can support 1000 hp!

I'd buy from http://www.southeasert.com ; John knows the products and has excellent pricing. There are other sources too of course, but I've had great luck with John.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:18 PM
Inactive User

I'll second Fluid's recommendation for John at southeastrt.com. I've bought a good many of my upgrades through him, including the Paxton kit. He's an excellent source for parts and will take care of you. I went with a tuner kit because we're planning a custom PCM fuel map with larger injectors, but if you get the full Paxton kit, it's pretty much plug and play.

BTW, the one thing I did change on the kit was a different oil return setup. I just didn't care for the idea of punching a hole in the oil pan for the return and instead used an adapter fitting on the drain plug which allows me to connect the return there. ATI does it this way and I feel it's a much cleaner install. Pic of it mounted in my R/T is here:

http://www.dnai.com/~bobm/images/Paxton.JPG
Old 09-02-2002, 10:55 PM
Inactive User

Default WOW

thats really neat graphite
what did it cost you for it? and how hard was the install? did you do the work or farm it out to someone else to do it?

also, anyone ever use a procharger kit? supposed to give some of the best numbers as far as %'s goes. 60-75% more than stock (or whatever the motor is putting out) so at 250hp+412.5 to 437.5 or so. thats with the psi range anywhere from 8-12 for our trucks. estimated numbers that is. i was thinking of this for my ram. but $$$$$$ and brakes are holding me back.

jim
Old 09-02-2002, 11:54 PM
Inactive User

Default Re: WOW

Quote:
Originally posted by realdeal6973
thats really neat graphite
what did it cost you for it? and how hard was the install? did you do the work or farm it out to someone else to do it?

also, anyone ever use a procharger kit? supposed to give some of the best numbers as far as %'s goes. 60-75% more than stock (or whatever the motor is putting out) so at 250hp+412.5 to 437.5 or so. thats with the psi range anywhere from 8-12 for our trucks. estimated numbers that is. i was thinking of this for my ram. but $$$$$$ and brakes are holding me back.

jim
The install is not all that difficult. Did it myself. Mine was spread out over a few days due to time limitations, but you're only looking at 8 hrs. for a straight forward install.

No way you'll get 60% out of a S/C install. 40% is more typical, even for an intercooled setup, and your actual results will depend on what else is done to the motor.