Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-01-2002, 12:18 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs down Monster Mopar week sept 6 7 8th changes

Ok mopar fans let you no I have regesterd for Monster mopar week end at Gateway international raceway I recieved my pass and a note leting us no that this year we will not have swap met or car show in the oval track it's going to be on the west side of the race track kind of sucks but o well will be there hope it don't rain seems to be a problem this time of the year
Old 09-01-2002, 04:25 PM
Inactive User

Gee it seems like it will be crowded in that area. The oval area was nice I wonder why the change?
Old 09-02-2002, 01:36 AM
Inactive User

Default monster mopar

it was a shocker to me i think it's money to me cutting cost i guess but i will be there in my 70 dart or 79 duster going to get a set of flows on it tuesday on duster
Old 09-02-2002, 08:14 AM

Default oval track

gateway screwed up and booked an event in the oval track for the 7th and 8th it's not Scott's fault good old gateway 22 million dollars later and still the same old screw ups
Old 09-02-2002, 09:07 AM
Inactive User

Default Monster mopar

I cant see how this event being going on each year that they made a mistake don't get me wrong i will be there to support the show but long as this event been going on i just cant believe it's happening ,Im coming from Arkansas to be there about 3 1/2 hr drive I hope next year it will go back to the old way see you there I will probably be there in my 79 duster it's kind of cream yellow and to know it's mine it will have a city sticker center of windshield from Main 500 rims I will all so have a shirt on with Moparchat.com and my members name that I will embroider on have a embroidery Machine see you all there
Old 09-02-2002, 09:36 AM
Inactive User

Being a spectator and racer about equally for the past ten years, I think I can say from experience that this should still be okay (maybe even better).

The problem with the swap meet in the oval was the long walking distance to get to the show and swap meet in the oval. Drag racers cannot leave the pits for too long or they might miss the class call in the time it takes to walk over and back, and everyone knows that time trials are at a premium at MMW. For spectators to get to the oval track area they had to walk in a huge U just to get there. Now the swap meet and car show will be closer to the spectator parking area, making the whole experience better for the spectators. This does make it very hard for racers to get to the swap meet (no harder than the long walk though) and getting parts back to the pits either over the bridge or through staging will be a royal pain in the A$$.

But yes, Gateway has had more than thier fair share of screw ups for this event, too. Remember when the new track opened and they had only one concession stand? I remember waiting in line for about 45 minutes!!

Hope to see you there!!