Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-06-2002, 07:34 PM
Inactive User

Default another pic for cuda66273

I could only attach one pic for some reason so heres another one. I took out plug #1 and plug #2 after I did a full throttle run and then shut it down and coasted to a stop. The plugs weren't brand new before, just the same ones that I've been using for awhile. Maybe I need to put in new ones and try again. Let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-031f.jpg (74.8 KB, 92 views)
Old 09-09-2002, 01:50 AM
Banned

Sorry my wife drug me off steelhead fishing and whiskey drinking with her for 4 days.....now she wants me to wash the motorhome and tune the Cuda so we can go to the track early on Friday and get a good spot for the 2 day Fall Funny Car Classic.....dam women, never gives me a break!..race ...fish.. race..race....fish ..race somemore...shake the Motorhome...then go fishin'....

...anyhow...nice pics of the plugs..they look just like used worn out old plugs out of an engine that's a bit rich at idle and doesn't have enough initial timing..other than that I have no idea of whats going on.

You need to use a brand new plug, I need a shot straight down inside the plug and a shot of the back side of the ground strap.

Hey Campbell.....fishin' was lousey, but as always the Early Times was just right...little Diet Pepsi and lot's of Ice....
Old 09-09-2002, 04:02 PM
Inactive User

Default timeless

sounds like someone stayed up to late .
went past the early time and fell in the pepsi.
Can you still say pepsi please?
He He
You should come around and talk with old grand dad.
He`ll get you out of that pepsi and into some water.
Just couldn`t resist
Old 09-09-2002, 05:47 PM
Banned

sure...plepsi pease...could'nt resist
Old 09-09-2002, 07:56 PM
Banned

Your on the "Highway to Hell", Don ....I think the reason Ironheadin was lousy might be cause for every steelie there is theres 728 zipperheads (not you!) after it!...Where you after summer run?...Little early for winters.....Coho are starting to show here .....I think maybe you should give out your address so we can all send you Christmas presents
Old 09-09-2002, 08:40 PM
Inactive User

Wow Cuda. I never realized what a living hell your home life was... you being such a victim of spousal abuse and all. Everyone who feels sorry for Cuda raise their hand... Anyone?? Hmmm, awfully quiet all of a sudden!
Old 09-09-2002, 10:32 PM
Inactive User

Mr. Mopar,

Any luck, with your vibration?

I was thinking of your car, while at the Northern Mopars show in Calgary a couple of weeks ago.
Old 09-09-2002, 11:26 PM
Inactive User

ya dave, I got it. Had to shim up the tranny about 2 washer thicknesses and put about a 1/16th shim under the back side of the leaf spring. Almost no vibration now. Still a slight amount but its very liveable. My buddys 72 Duster has a vibration in it also the same, could it be an inherant trate? Seems weird. Thanks for thinkin about it. I was wondering where you went all this time.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:44 AM
Banned

I'm depressed....Mrs. Cuda has to work late on Friday so she want's me to go to the track by myself Friday morning and play around in the test and tune session all day while she works....then spend the night down there drinkin whiskey and bench racing with my buddy's...she even stopped and got me a fresh bottle of ET (Early Times)so I wouldn't run out....dam I'm pissed...who's gonna make me breakfast Saturday morning???

Fishin'....you'd think an Iron headed fish would have a little more respect for an Iron Headed Mopar Man.....

The run is in but the fish are just lying down in the Columbia waiting for the rain to start or the water to cool down...of course the few fish that are moving are being scooped out with nets by the local Natives....about 2 weeks and we should be able to snag a few.

Gonna go back on the 21-22, fishing in the morning and racing at Madras (1 hour away) starts at 3 until dark both days.....what a life ......I wonder if thats a work day for some people

Old 09-10-2002, 01:53 AM
Inactive User

Oh, now you've REALLY got me feelin' sorry for you. Underfed too!
Old 09-10-2002, 02:08 AM
Banned

See, there is somebody out there who can relate to my miserable existence.....

Old 09-10-2002, 02:11 AM
Inactive User

Imagine - making you drink whiskey on an empty stomach. The nerve!
Old 09-10-2002, 02:16 AM
Banned

Heartless....is all I can say...
Old 09-10-2002, 06:01 PM
Inactive User

Cuda, just out of curiosity, how many have you helped out and give me an example of their E.T.'s before and after you were done messing with their car. What mods did you do at the track that made the improvements. I'm sure it wasn't total engine rebuilds but what can you do without a huge truck load of goodies. What is it you do for a living anyways, or are you retired?
Old 09-10-2002, 07:13 PM
Banned

Is it resume time....LOL

I'm a Graphic Designer; I work from my home and do such things as logo design, truck and car lettering and generally signs of all types. I operate under the name of Grafeeti Grafix, which pays for all my bad habits….

I also own a company called FBO Systems, we do Fuel, Brake and Oiling systems for race cars and performance streetcars. We distribute Goodridge fittings and hose, Deist Safety equipment, REV valves and a few other specialty chassis components mostly for the roundy round Guy's.

Our FBO shop (me) builds and installs fuel systems from cells to carburetors and we use BG Fuel System components exclusively including the Demon carbs. I do not work on any other carburetors...I've got my hands full with the Demon stuff and I sure don't need Holley's problems. I rebuild Demons and BG Pumps, tune the engines and work with the owners at the track to achieve perfect fuel ratios and flow resulting in the quickest ET's.

We take no short cuts, we don't quote prices on systems...if you want it done and done right you bring it to me by appointment, 2 days later you pick it up and go and set a new ET record for your car, the bill is always reasonable and fair, most people tell me I don't charge enough and give away to much free information.

My father took me to my first racetrack when I was 2…that was in 1954 and he was racing a 32 Ford Coupe with a flathead…. I've been going to racetracks, building cars, winning races ever since. I've won my share of Championships in Sprint Cars as well Dirt Modifieds. Drag racing is relatively new to us, I just got too old to fight my way out of the pits and had to find something a little easier on the old bones.

My Dad was a drivability technician for Fird for many years and I learned a lot from him, the rest I just spent the money broke the parts and learned from hundreds of failures…but I learned…..

Fuel and ignition systems have always intrigued me and I've spent a great deal of time researching and learning from the best of the best how they work together.

So how do we do…well most Guy's will tell you after I lay my magic hands on their cars, they always run faster, how much depends on how well they listened to me before giving up and dropping the car off in my driveway. I can usually find another 2-3/100ths in about any car fresh off the dyno and easily a ½ second or more if it just got pulled out from under the shade tree, unfortunately I've kind of gotten a reputation for finding the weak link…if you've got one and I put the power to it…it'll break…oh well…..that's racing.

This weekend I'll be completing the AMX project, starting the track tuning on a Pontiac 462CID Pro car and trying to tweak another few 100ths off the
Old 09-10-2002, 11:56 PM
Inactive User

Sounds to me like you have a very interesting and rewarding life. I envy you and wish that I could be doing something that I like to do other than just making a living and paying the bills. I would love to be in the pits and gaining knowledge and making other happy with my wits. Last night I helped my friend out with his 72 340 Duster. It was running very flat and needed some tweaking. I applied my knowledge and set up his timing and tweaked his TQ to get the thing rippin'. He was so happy that I bet you couldn't slap the grin off of his face. He told me that his car had never ran that fast ever and he just had it to some other guy who apparently thought he knew something about Mopars. I am not a complete fool. I do think I know something about the 340 and its TQ and other things. I read a lot and try to learn as much as I can but my 340 still doesn't run as fast as it could. My objective is to get it to do better as it is TQ and all and I know I can do it. Just haven't nailed it yet. Still think that I need to get the rings to seal, I only have about 500 miles on the fresh rebuild, check the leak down rate and compression and maybe take the heads off again and check the flow. I have a feeling I am losing some velocity somewhere. I will persist and will win! If it is man-made then man can make it work. It will not defeat me.
Old 09-11-2002, 01:05 AM
Banned

That's the Mopar spirit!