Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-10-2002, 09:34 PM
This account disabled due to bad email address!

Default No spark!!

My car will not start! No spark from the coil. Currently running a MSD 6AL Box and blaster 2 coil! I done the test on the box buy unpluging the connection (violet and green) and jumping them over to the other! It does produce a spark fro my coil wire so the box is good right?? This is how there tech told me to check it! But when you plug it up the is no spark from the coil! And there is know voltage on the + side of the coil ether when the ignition is on! Should be though i think the + side should be coming from my MSD box the orange one and the red one to my orginal + side coil wire. So were does this go to? This is hot when tested! But does it go to a ballast resistor? Whats the voltage supose to be. If the resistor is bad will it cause this to not work??
Old 09-10-2002, 11:30 PM

Post MSD Ignition

Go to msdignition.com. Click on download instructions, then scroll down to the type application. Make sure that the SMALL red wire from the MSD box is connected to the wire that was originally connected to the + coil. Large red wire to battery or 12v source, LARGE black wire to - battery, orange to + coil and small black to - coil. The violet goes to the orange wire coming from the dist and the green wire goes to the black wire from the dist. Make VERY sure you have a GOOD ground for the box. If the box is good you should fire right off. Wedgehead