Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-13-2002, 12:39 AM
Inactive User

Default control arm update, 318 4bbl. throttle cable

Thanks to the people who replied about my upper control arms. Again I'm new at this, so I don't really know how to answer any replies back.
I found a set of upper control arms at Turner's Auto Parts in Ma. (559) 237 0918 - lots of mopar parts.
Another quick question, I need to replace my throttle cable for my car (318 4bbl.), my current cable seems to be a bit short and it's stretched, and now starting to stick a bit. I was told I can't get a cable the right size because they didn't make a 4bbl. for the 318. Should I try a 360 cable?
Again, I appreciate the replies and I'll try to work a little more on understanding MoparChat and how to reply.
thanx again
Old 09-13-2002, 01:43 AM
Inactive User

Most 318 2 and 4 bbl throttle cables are the same length(most years)the diff lies in the mounting brackets hold down position.Get 1 from a 4bbl car or try this trick,get a cruise control cable mounting bracket and add it to your existing set up.it will add enough reach to work well,it also raises the mount enough to work well with medium rise manifolds.......PRO.....
Old 09-13-2002, 06:56 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

Just press the "Post Reply" button next to the "New Thread" button on the upper or lower right.
I got a throttle cable straight from the dealer. Just say you have a 4bbl car. with a small block and presto, you got it. Small block engine size means nothing for some parts. That would be one of them.
Also, who ever told you they didn't give a 318 a 4bbl should be shot and taken out to the desert and dried for the birds. LIER!
Totally false and wrong. Do not seek info from this person again.
You risk to much getting info of this type. Come here. We'll take care of you the best we can dear brother.
Old 09-13-2002, 07:50 PM
Inactive User

If you like the look of braided stainless cables, the Lokar throttle cable and transmission kickdown cable kit solves many of the linkage problems when using aftermarket intakes and carbs.
I think the "kit" with both cables, brackets and hardware was $100.
Old 09-14-2002, 01:48 AM

On a 4bbl setup the cable clamps down closer to the carb. If you can't find a 4bbl one just cut the end off the 2bbl one and weld a piece of metal in there to extend it.
Old 09-14-2002, 03:03 AM
Inactive User

Default 318 throttle cable

Thanks to all the replies, I'll update on my progress, gotta get rear springs Monday, then tailpipes. My upper control arms should be in by next week or so. Love the car, but it's been more time consuming than I thought ( not to mention $ consuming).
I'm ordering a 4bll. small block throttle cable, the only thing is, I was told the 2 and 4 are the same, I think thats why my current cable is stretched.
Went from single exhaust to duals, headers, cam , flowmasters, wow, what a difference.
Again, I appreciate the advise, at least I'm getting somewhere with this damn throttle cable.
I have one too many springs to compensate for the sticking.
Anyway, thanks again guys and if you think I ask alot of questions now, wait till I start asking about fenders and skins