Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-22-2002, 04:35 PM
Inactive User

Angry Mopar Gremlin at the Duck

Got to the track late. There was a lot of rain earlier in the day so the track was very fast. Cars were hookin' up really well. In the Late Model feature they called out Jeff Sanborn in car 12, but I couldn't find it. Also in the Super Stock feature they called out Clint Alexander in car 207, but again I didn't see the car? There must have been a Mopar Gremlin at the Duck. Any way Tash Bruce lead every lap but the last in his big block Cuda, and had to settle for 2nd. Great racing!
Old 09-22-2002, 07:16 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs down Major gremlins!!

Hey DYNO-sounds like running late was common on Sat. We got there about 1.5 hours late. Found water leak aorund 4:00 pm between motor plate and water pump. Tried to "engineer" a fix with silicone twice and didn't work, finally pulled radiator/pump/motorplate to replace gasket. I hate Saturday thrashes to get ready and Pop said around 5:00 pm "just wait 'til next week and we'll fix it right this coming week"......but no we (my brother, brother-in-law, sister and myself) decided to go for it.
Got it all back together-haul a** to the track-the Powerstroke was suckin' down some diesel!!!!! Missed hot laps-started in the rear of the heat and within 2 laps Clint knew something was wrong and pulled off. Pushing oil/water mix out of breather on valve cover-I'm just hoping water is leaking near the motor plate and causing water to get into pan. If not, we'll have to pull out a spare engine to finish the season. Or maybe call it quits for the winter!! We'll see.

Jeff was fighting cam change/carb gremlin. Gremlin won. Charles is recovering from a slipped disc in his back and was helping Jeff troubleshoot via the cell phone.
Old 09-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Inactive User

Cool fogot to explain user name change

Oh yeah-this is Lon. Just had to change my login due to problems signing on as myself. Several weeks spent with AOL and the webmaster for the site.....both unable to allow me to sign on as myself........

If I can ever get my login to work-I'll let Pop use this login so he can keep up with what's going on in the Mopar world....

Later

Lon
Old 09-24-2002, 08:39 PM
Inactive User

Gremlin Eliminators

Lon I hope you find the problem on your Super Stocker. Also, I hope the Mopar Guru, Mr. Sanborn, is feeling better. Anyway the weather looks a little "ify" for this weekend. Too bad, big sprint car race at Bargerton this Friday. I really wanted to go. It's a Big 4/10 mile track, but looks bigger than a 1/2 mile. Swindell does not lift at Bargerton. Awesome! Next week, Friday, Oct 4th. the WoO will be at Baxter. I sure hope the weather is good for that one. We need to attract WoO cars to this area. There are a lot of tracks (other than Atomic) that could support them. The following week, Duck River has the final Big steel head race. Then its off to Kentucky for the $50,000 to win Dirt Championship. With a schedule like that, Lon might break out the spare engine and Charles will break out the back ointment.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:28 AM
Inactive User

DYNO, I'm on the mend. Never had a slipped disc before, hurt like heck! Went to a Chiropractor and she got it back in place. She practically got on my back to get me fixed. Could have been fun if I wasn't in so much pain(heh,heh)!

Anyway, the boys checked over the limited engine last night. Don't know for sure yet but it appears that an engine with 59 degree lifter bores WILL run with a 48 degree lifter bore cam-Just not very well! More about that later.

We would love to run the DTWC race in a couple of weeks. Entry fee not bad, payoff is good. But, the track will require to bring all the engine you can get-and plan to use it all! Unfortunately, our little 358" won't get the job done for qualifying. We haven't gotten the 408" back together yet. So, we will pass.

We do plan to go to Talledaga on the 4th-SAS race-$5K to win-payoff back through the field is OK. The track will be fairly slick(probably) and little 358" will be OK.