Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Dodge Viper Chat...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-28-2002, 05:05 PM
Inactive User

Default I need to sell 3 2002 Vipers, any suggestions?

With all this excitement about the 2003 Vipers, we've been stuck with 3 new 2002 models, Yellow RT/10, Grey GTS, & Red Final Edition GTS. The RT/10 and Grey GTS have been on our lot for almost 200 days! We typically sell 2 - 3 of these a year, but Dodge sent us 3 right at the end of production.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to move these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: Each one is $6000 off MSRP, but that still doesn't hasn't produced any results!
Old 09-28-2002, 05:20 PM
Inactive User

Check with a guy on this site who goes by SUN RA. He owns a 700 hp 2002 monster and is an afficionado on those cars. Good luck bro.

J-440
Old 09-28-2002, 05:24 PM
Inactive User

E-Bay
Old 09-29-2002, 10:28 AM
Inactive User

ill take it off your hands for ya, just send me the keys in the mail and ill go pick it up later...lol

i seen one run at the track the other day........purely venomous i must say. f-in nasty. all stock, ran a 11.88 at 120.38

i got the time slip to prove it too. he ran me in my dak. we were just there running against the clock. now if i had a v-10 in my dak, i prolly wouldve taken him. (im alot lighter than he is) tractions is another problem..lol

by yeah ill help ya out. just hand over the keys, and dont sweat the paperwork.

jk dude. id say take another 2-4000.oo off. that should help.

you still make a killing on the commision anyways.

another thing you may want to try is cut the tax in half. meaning go halves with the person wanting to buy the car. help each other out. he/she wants the car~dont want to pay an enormous amount of money for it, granted it is a hefty price anyways.
you want to sell it to make room for the new ones. bite the bullet my friend, and sell it cheap.

jim
Old 09-29-2002, 05:48 PM
Inactive User

Thanks for the responses, I didn't think I would get any. Ebay does seem to look good, I see a few Final Edition Vipers there already.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:55 PM
Plutonium Member

content ajtomasi -

Go to www.viperclub.org - that's the Viper Club of America's site and they have a section there for Vipers for sale. The 2002 Vipers should be collector's items in a few years. The 2003 Viper will out perform the 2002 and older Vipers in every category but looks. The 2002 and older prices will fluctuate wildly for the next few years and then come back up and within 10 years start to climb back up to the original selling price. Within 20 years, the original Gen I and Gen II Vipers will appreciate in value to be worth lots more than the same amount of money invested in the stock market or other traditional long term investments.

I bought my Viper both as a fun car and as an investment. The RT-10 would be great for a shorter person than 6' 2" tall - I'm 6'5" tall and can't fit in one with the top on - no headroom even with a seat lowering kit. The GTS's have much more headroom, but I still had to get a 2" seat lowering kit put on - and now I fit great & even have room for a racing helmut.

Now would be a good time for anyone who likes the original Viper exterior design to buy one new if you plan on keeping it a long time and want to make sure the car hasn't been abused by the previous owner - some have & some haven't.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:23 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Think Cobra or Superbird. It was a specail car built by for Racing. Both are Legendary and extreamly valuable now but when they were made they were almost impossible to sell.
Id suggest buying them yourself and sitting on them. You will be able to retire(if there is gas then) on them alone.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:41 PM
Plutonium Member

Thumbs up Maxwedge -

Those were the examples I used when I explained to my wife why I bought a new Viper! Great minds think alike!
Old 10-01-2002, 07:01 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Nothing new under the sun, history always repeats.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:52 PM
Inactive User

Default Re: Maxwedge -

Quote:
Originally posted by SUN RA KAT
Those were the examples I used when I explained to my wife why I bought a new Viper! Great minds think alike!
Now come explain it to my wife, please!
I do not think she understands at all.

Actually, I am just now buying my first house.
So buying anything more than a model Viper
is out of the question for awhile now... doh.
Old 10-05-2002, 02:15 PM
Plutonium Member

Default thehemi -

Be glad to.

I'll just tell her that you are getting a new 2002 Viper and you are flying out to Woodhouse Viper in Blair, Nebraska to pick it up from our salesman, Bill Pemberton. You are going to drive it back following the strict break in proceedure. It is an INVESTMENT, not your mid-life crisis, so she doesn't need to worry. You are going to save $2,000 per year by not smoking cigarettes, or doing illegal drugs, or drinking much alcohol. And in 30 years, including interest, you will have paid off the Viper.

I'll also point out the the 2002 Viper is the last year for that body style and the new body style, while looking great, does not compare to the original Viper body style. I'll then explain to her that the Viper loses much less resale value compared to ordinary cars and within 15 years, because of the rarity of the original Viper production, the selling price will be much more than you paid for it. I'll also tell her that in 40 years, when you are too old to drive your Viper, that you will sell it for a comfortable retirement and that $500,000 is what it will be worth , if not more.

Enjoy your new Viper!
Old 10-07-2002, 07:35 PM
Inactive User

knock off half the price and we'll talk
Old 10-21-2002, 04:51 PM
Inactive User

0% Iterest for 15 Years and throw in a trailer for my wife and kids to Ride And I'll Buy1!

PS. trailer serves Double duty I hope the exhaust rumble on the viper is loud enough to muffle out the sound of my nagging, wife.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:52 PM
Plutonium Member

Troy182 -

"I hope the exhaust rumble on the viper is loud enough to muffle out the sound of my nagging, wife."

My Viper's exhaust sure is at full throttle!

It probably is at part throttle, too.

(Belanger Headers, Random Tech Ultra High Flow Cats (for engines over 525 HP), Corsa 3" Cat Back with 4" Tips.)