Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-02-2002, 02:21 PM
Inactive User

Cry Sterling is out for the rest of the season

Nascar.com just announced that Sterling will not be able to drive for the rest of the 2002 season due to a broken vertabrae in his neck. The problem was diagnosed today.
http://www.nascar.com/2002/news/head....ap/index.html
Old 10-02-2002, 05:16 PM
Inactive User

Default Damn!

This really stinks. I was holding out hope that he could turn it around and maybe get a few lucky breaks. Well, I hope this will help Jamie McMurray get some experience before he gets into the 3rd car next season. I am just glad that Sterling will be ok.

Matt
Old 10-02-2002, 05:31 PM
Inactive User

Yes I just caught it on the news,too bad,He still had a shot at it.Well Phord,and GM,definitly know we are here.Good job too all the Dodge teams
Old 10-03-2002, 04:57 PM
Inactive User

It is a shame, he had a shot at the title. Although I'm a Mark Martin fan, I'd like to of seen Sterlin in the running.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:13 PM
Inactive User

Sterling was very lucky with all the saftey advancements made. Without it he could've ended up like dale. I just hope he is all o.k. Jamie Mc Murray can get some great seat time now and i think it will pay off for him. I was really looking forward to talladega being the turning point for him and the team to get back on track. I'm sure he is more disappointed than anyone right now...But he did put on a great show this season!!
Old 10-04-2002, 06:04 PM
Inactive User

I just hope he'll be able to return in full force next year. Meanwhile, the rest of the season won't be the same without him.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:17 PM
Inactive User

If he can't get back to normal next year, I'm not sure that he won't within a couple of seasons. Being one of the older drivers, I think that his time may be coming. Oh well, it might make things a little more fair for the Furds and the Chebbies.
Old 10-05-2002, 10:58 PM
Inactive User

I was shocked and frustrated when I heard that Sterling was out for the rest of the season. Although when I heard the vertebrae that was cracked was the same one that paralyzed Christopher Reeve when he broke his I knew that Sterling and the team made the right decision. This should really help McMurray, getting to finish the last seven races driving the #40 car then getting his own next year should be really beneficial. I think now I am pulling for Awesome Bill to move up a couple spots and make a good showing. It would be nice to see him on the podium at the awards banquet. Sterling has had a couple hard hits the last few races. Look at Dale Jr. He hid his injuries for a good portion of the year before coming out with them. At least Sterling and Ganassi were up front about it.
Old 10-07-2002, 09:08 AM
Inactive User

Default Huh?

"At least Sterling and Ganassi were up front about it."

Over the years of Nascar racing there have been many different drivers racing with multiple injuries. Sterlings is a very significant injury, broken neck!

Come on, you know Jr. keeps getting "the call" from Nascar, at least that's what I keep reading here.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:44 PM
Inactive User

Sterling is coming back and racing the next four races. It shows that once its in your blood you can't be release from it. I hope though all is well with Sterling and that after two weeks of recovery his physical health is 100% and he is not getting in the car just because he wants to or can.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:39 PM
Inactive User

I heard that he wanted to get back in the car before the end of this year, but, the earliest would be Phoenix. I really hope, for his sake, that he does not get back into the car this year. I think that it would be far too risky to his health.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:09 AM
Inactive User

yeah I'm with you about that one cream corn it makes a whole lotta sense if Sterling stays put,maybe it was all he could stand when his car went to victory lane and it made him get that 'itching feeling' that the drivers go through. I'm sure that they have a great deal of pressure on them anyway and that win didn't help his ego any.But I sure do hope he stays grounded until next season anything and everything could happen to injure him futher.