Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-08-2002, 07:54 PM
Inactive User

Question Head Flow Rates

Someone posted a link about three weeks ago to a chart with the flow rates for all the Big Block Heads. Does anyone know of this link. It shows once and for all that the 906 Heads do out flow the others, although not by much. 5% to 15% on the intake and 0 to 5% on the exhaust. Any help on this greatly appreciated!

Quick Claims Adjuster!!!
Old 10-08-2002, 10:24 PM
This account disabled due to bad email address!

The big block mopar heads are not known for being monster flowers for sure! I have documented info that in testing the 340 X head out flowed any of the 906's or 452's they had on test! The exhaust side sucks on the heads. Seems to be a bottle neck! Just some info Id pass on. Although I would like some info on the head comparsion too!
Old 10-09-2002, 03:04 AM
Inactive User

There are a lot of diffrerent measurements around, and you can't actually compare them if the numbers are not from the very same bench with the very same user whose intention is to get valid comparable numbers. Here is one such a table http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/4451/bbhead.html and according to that the stock 452's flow better than the 906's. Mopar Muscle magazine used to have a BB head porting article in their web page and they tested several stock BB castings. There didn't seem to be much difference, propably there would be more from going from one same head casting n:r to another than between the different casting number open chamber heads.
Old 10-09-2002, 10:14 AM
Inactive User

Flow tests were done (forget what mag.) and the 906 did outflow the emission heads by a small amount AT the lower to mid lift ranges but by mid to upper the 906 fell off and the emision heads gained ground to even out at approx. .500" lift.
However, if porting is considered, pocket or otherwise, the emission heads gained more flow with the least amount of work.
This has been varified by guys like Herb McCandless and others.
I don' think at this point there's a clear cut winner.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:05 PM
Inactive User

Default Same Bench #s

Quote:
Originally posted by DartGT66
There are a lot of diffrerent measurements around, and you can't actually compare them if the numbers are not from the very same bench with the very same user whose intention is to get valid comparable numbers. Here is one such a table http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/4451/bbhead.html and according to that the stock 452's flow better than the 906's. Mopar Muscle magazine used to have a BB head porting article in their web page and they tested several stock BB castings. There didn't seem to be much difference, propably there would be more from going from one same head casting n:r to another than between the different casting number open chamber heads.
I agree that the testing would have to be on the same bench and done by the same person . The chart that was posted last month was done for just that reason, so if I can find it I will post a link to that site. Thanks, Eric

Quick Claims Adjuster!!!