Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Front Wheel Drive Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 02-11-1999, 01:55 PM
Garry

I need to find out some information from people that have used Nitrous with their Turbo 2 engines. Cliff, you reading this?? I have a Nitrous Express port-injection kit coming in the mail and should be here in two weeks. The kit comes with jets for 35, 50, 75, 100 hp. Rather then pull the intake manifold off the car (would have to take the head off) to put each fogger into each runner of the intake, I have decided to install one single nozzle by the throttle body.

Did you install the nozzle before or after the throttle body on a T2 2-piece intake manifold?? Did you have to back down the boost because of the use of Nitrous? What about timing? I have heard that I will want to back my base timing to 8-10 degrees and pull the boost back to around 16psi. Is this what you did?? If not, do you mind telling me what you did??

Hopefully I can have this setup installed and fine tuned before SDAC-9. This way I can make a couple of runs with and without the Nitrous to see what my Charger "Sleeper" will do. Any information is greatly appreciated...

Old 02-11-1999, 10:32 PM
Cliff Sebring

Hi Garry I run a single nozzle, I installed it at the bend in the intake so the nozzle would point down the plenium. I run jets that are 20 for fuel and 42 for nos. at 55 lbs fuel pressure. I reduce my timming one deg. for every 25 hp more im going to make ie 4 deg retard for 100 hp. thats assuming you run 114 oct. race fuel. If you are running 94 oct. use 2 deg. for every 25 hp as a guide. I have always run NGK GR5 plugs with or without NOS. Good luck and see you at "9" cliff
Old 02-12-1999, 01:24 AM
Garry

Thanks for the information Cliff. One other thing I forgot to ask, do you use the stock computer when you run Nitrous or a Super 60 unit??? I assume that you are running 100 hp correct -- actually just wondering. I plan to run the jets 41 for nitrous and 26 for fuel. This is what Nitrous Express recommended for jet sizes, I also asked Angelo about this too and he said NOS told him the same numbers. Thanks again for the info and see you at "9"..!
Old 02-13-1999, 03:22 AM
Cliff Sebring

Garry i run 50 hp jets and I proved it at "7" on power curves dyno,49 hp to be correct.The 26 jet seams way to big or the 41 is to small. 26 and 56 would be @100hp i think I used 20 and 43 on the dyno pulls with the fuel pressure at 42 lbs i think. I run a ND comp that neil did just for my nos habbit. to use it i went to all bleaders no factoy waste gate control soooo i have boost from 0 to 30+ lbs depending on my mood Hahahaha I mean need. good luck cliff
Old 02-14-1999, 07:22 AM
Garry

The size of jets that I gave in my last post was for the 75hp setting. This is what I think I will run for the time being. Finally got the Nitrous Express solenoids today, just waiting on all the rest of the stuff. If all goes well, I will make a couple of runs with the Nitrous during the convention. if not will just run all motor. This convention should be a fun one this year. Plus, it looks like I have a flat bad trailer to borrow to tow Sleeper out there --- won't have to worry about breaking something now..! Can't wait!!!
Old 02-14-1999, 10:33 PM
Cliff Sebring

Hi Garry
I still think the 26 gas jet is tooo big. but I also know that jet numbers between nos co's are allittle different. sooo, If I was you I would install a EGT. gauge Like Computeck that FM sells. that will retain your higest egt number. Start fat and work into it, as Dean will say "lean is mean", but mean is so close to boom. The start fat and lean into it has worked for me. to do that I had alot of jets before they were stolin. I had jets in plastic bags that were every 5 hp from 25-100 I probully had more money in jets than the system cost but i could find that 12.12 combo at any track anytime i need it. And without a rollbar I tryed to say a goood boy, silly me.